XP Clock loosing time

Hi All,

It seems that my clock in the notification area is loosing time or just
sitting there with the same time. I know it's a little problem but it's
driving me nuts! I just clean installed XP Home and I think I might have
not done something during the installation! Any and all suggestions will be
greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Thanks in advance,
Alice
5 answers Last reply
More about clock loosing time

    Hey,
    you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual where to
    change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then youre backup
    CMOS battery has gone.
    May it live long in our memories..

    I have the same problem.
    I let it go long enough then I noticed that the clock is off every time the
    computer is off. A dead give a way that the battery is dead. After
    replacing it, all was fine for 3-months until the other day. The clock was
    off again.

    Short of a virus or Adware garbage (which we don't have), what else could
    cause the clock to go off like this?

    "Kai Grivena" <jangkaiDONTSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    > you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual where
    > change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then youre backup
    > CMOS battery has gone.
    > May it live long in our memories..

    Cheap battery? The battery that you purchased sat on the shelf for years
    before you bought it?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:L_fcd.5793$717.3655@trnddc05,
    JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have the same problem.
    > I let it go long enough then I noticed that the clock is off every
    > time the computer is off. A dead give a way that the battery is
    > dead. After replacing it, all was fine for 3-months until the other
    > day. The clock was off again.
    >
    > Short of a virus or Adware garbage (which we don't have), what else
    > could cause the clock to go off like this?
    >

    > "Kai Grivena" <jangkaiDONTSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Hey,
    >> you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual
    >> where to change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then
    >> youre backup CMOS battery has gone.
    >> May it live long in our memories..

    Is it a Dell computer? Some of them had a problem that is fixed with an
    update. If you reinstalled, you may have lost the update that was
    previously done. Check with your motherboard manufacturer for a patch to
    download.

    "Alice" <alyce19492000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > It seems that my clock in the notification area is loosing time or just
    > sitting there with the same time. I know it's a little problem but it's
    > driving me nuts! I just clean installed XP Home and I think I might have
    > not done something during the installation! Any and all suggestions will
    be
    > greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a great weekend.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Alice

    Hi All,
    Nope not a Dell computer. I seemed to have fixed it with installing
    AlfaClock. Now it keeps perfect time. I don't quite understand it but it
    did the trick. Thanks for all your answers.
    Thanks for your time,
    Alice