XP Clock loosing time

October 17, 2004 12:24:11 AM

Hi All,

It seems that my clock in the notification area is loosing time or just
sitting there with the same time. I know it's a little problem but it's
driving me nuts! I just clean installed XP Home and I think I might have
not done something during the installation! Any and all suggestions will be
greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Thanks in advance,
Alice

More about : clock loosing time

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:28:55 AM

Hey,
you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual where to
change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then youre backup
CMOS battery has gone.
May it live long in our memories..
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:28:56 AM

I have the same problem.
I let it go long enough then I noticed that the clock is off every time the
computer is off. A dead give a way that the battery is dead. After
replacing it, all was fine for 3-months until the other day. The clock was
off again.

Short of a virus or Adware garbage (which we don't have), what else could
cause the clock to go off like this?

"Kai Grivena" <jangkaiDONTSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
> you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual where
> change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then youre backup
> CMOS battery has gone.
> May it live long in our memories..

October 17, 2004 1:28:57 AM

Cheap battery? The battery that you purchased sat on the shelf for years
before you bought it?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:L_fcd.5793$717.3655@trnddc05,
JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have the same problem.
> I let it go long enough then I noticed that the clock is off every
> time the computer is off. A dead give a way that the battery is
> dead. After replacing it, all was fine for 3-months until the other
> day. The clock was off again.
>
> Short of a virus or Adware garbage (which we don't have), what else
> could cause the clock to go off like this?
>

> "Kai Grivena" <jangkaiDONTSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hey,
>> you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual
>> where to change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then
>> youre backup CMOS battery has gone.
>> May it live long in our memories..
October 17, 2004 3:02:55 AM

Is it a Dell computer? Some of them had a problem that is fixed with an
update. If you reinstalled, you may have lost the update that was
previously done. Check with your motherboard manufacturer for a patch to
download.

"Alice" <alyce19492000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> It seems that my clock in the notification area is loosing time or just
> sitting there with the same time. I know it's a little problem but it's
> driving me nuts! I just clean installed XP Home and I think I might have
> not done something during the installation! Any and all suggestions will
be
> greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a great weekend.
> Thanks in advance,
> Alice

October 17, 2004 3:02:56 AM

Hi All,
Nope not a Dell computer. I seemed to have fixed it with installing
AlfaClock. Now it keeps perfect time. I don't quite understand it but it
did the trick. Thanks for all your answers.
Thanks for your time,
Alice

!