alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Hi All,

It seems that my clock in the notification area is loosing time or just
sitting there with the same time. I know it's a little problem but it's
driving me nuts! I just clean installed XP Home and I think I might have
not done something during the installation! Any and all suggestions will be
greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Thanks in advance,
Alice

Hey,
you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual where to
change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then youre backup
CMOS battery has gone.
May it live long in our memories..

I have the same problem.
I let it go long enough then I noticed that the clock is off every time the
computer is off. A dead give a way that the battery is dead. After
replacing it, all was fine for 3-months until the other day. The clock was
off again.

Short of a virus or Adware garbage (which we don't have), what else could
cause the clock to go off like this?

"Kai Grivena" <jangkaiDONTSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
> you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual where
> change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then youre backup
> CMOS battery has gone.
> May it live long in our memories..

Cheap battery? The battery that you purchased sat on the shelf for years
before you bought it?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:L_fcd.5793$717.3655@trnddc05,
JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have the same problem.
> I let it go long enough then I noticed that the clock is off every
> time the computer is off. A dead give a way that the battery is
> dead. After replacing it, all was fine for 3-months until the other
> day. The clock was off again.
>
> Short of a virus or Adware garbage (which we don't have), what else
> could cause the clock to go off like this?
>

> "Kai Grivena" <jangkaiDONTSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hey,
>> you should check your CMOS-Batterie. It is specified in your manual
>> where to change it. Normally, when the battery gets out of sync then
>> youre backup CMOS battery has gone.
>> May it live long in our memories..

mark

Is it a Dell computer? Some of them had a problem that is fixed with an
update. If you reinstalled, you may have lost the update that was
previously done. Check with your motherboard manufacturer for a patch to
download.

"Alice" <alyce19492000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> It seems that my clock in the notification area is loosing time or just
> sitting there with the same time. I know it's a little problem but it's
> driving me nuts! I just clean installed XP Home and I think I might have
> not done something during the installation! Any and all suggestions will
be
> greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a great weekend.
> Thanks in advance,
> Alice

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Hi All,
Nope not a Dell computer. I seemed to have fixed it with installing
AlfaClock. Now it keeps perfect time. I don't quite understand it but it
did the trick. Thanks for all your answers.
Thanks for your time,
Alice