Off camera flash sync with slave

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 11, 2005 2:05:26 AM

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why my off camera flash (Vivitar), when used with a
slave unit, does not sync with the on camera(Olympus C700UZ) flash ?

Thanks much,

Perk
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:29:03 AM

Perk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me why my off camera flash (Vivitar), when used with a
> slave unit, does not sync with the on camera(Olympus C700UZ) flash ?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Perk

Your OLY C-700UZ probably has a preflash. (A small flash that the camera
uses to focus and set exposure.) It fires right before the main flash.
It is strong enough to trigger the Vivitar Slave.
Bob Williams.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 8:03:48 PM

My camera flashes twice and requires a special digital slave trigger. See:

http://www.srelectronics.com/sa10.html
I use a Digi-Slave SA-10 trigger for $70 approx. See below.
Gene http://www.photoprojects.net/sony.html

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me why my off camera flash (Vivitar), when used with a
> slave unit, does not sync with the on camera(Olympus C700UZ) flash ?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Perk
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:38:45 PM

"Gene F. Rhodes" <nospam.gfrhodes@cox.net> writes:

> My camera flashes twice and requires a special digital slave trigger. See:
>
> http://www.srelectronics.com/sa10.html
> I use a Digi-Slave SA-10 trigger for $70 approx. See below.
> Gene http://www.photoprojects.net/sony.html

A somewhat cheaper digital slave trigger is the Sunpak Digital Camera Flash
Adapter Bracket with Built-in Slave:
http://www.adorama.com/SUDCFA.html.

Or the Wein digital slave triggers:
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?page=searchresults&s...

(Note, Adorama which I used to reference these items as well as B&H are closed
until Wednesday this week).

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org