Antec vs Corsair PSU

Hi guys i just want to know which PSU is better. The Antec High Current Gamer 620W or the Corsair GS600? Ignore the price i just want to know which one is better
17 answers Last reply
More about antec corsair
  1. They are both very good PSUs. Get whichever one is less expensive at the moment.
  2. The Antec HCG 620W is made by Seasonic and is based on the S12II series - very high quality PSU. The GS600 is made by CWT; a good OEM but this series of PSUs does not match the quality of the HCG series of PSUs. I would go for the HCG without a doubt or hesitation.
  3. Rugger said:
    The Antec HCG 620W is made by Seasonic and is based on the S12II series - very high quality PSU. The GS600 is made by CWT; a good OEM but this series of PSUs does not match the quality of the HCG series of PSUs. I would go for the HCG without a doubt or hesitation.


    Oh ok, thank you for your help :D Good thing i didn't buy the GS600. I was gonna go buy it today but good thing you replied before i did :D And the Antec HCG 620 is also cheaper :D
  4. Great - glad I could help!
  5. You can't go wrong with Antech High Current Gamer series. :)
  6. acerace said:
    You can't go wrong with Antech High Current Gamer series. :)


    I'm building a gaming PC but not one of those that cost a lot. I bought a Radeon HD 6850 and now i'm gonna buy the Antec HCG 620W, next up is the motherboard (MSI 870S C45 FX V2) and a Phenom II X4 965 black edition.
  7. Lazar_99 said:
    I'm building a gaming PC but not one of those that cost a lot. I bought a Radeon HD 6850 and now i'm gonna buy the Antec HCG 620W, next up is the motherboard (MSI 870S C45 FX V2) and a Phenom II X4 965 black edition.


    Well judging by your avatar and your personal quote, this build seems kinda ironic. :lol:
  8. Are you planning on getting another HD6850 for Crossfire? If no, then the HCG 520W is more than sufficient for your build; I run an HD6950 on one.
  9. acerace said:
    Well judging by your avatar and your personal quote, this build seems kinda ironic. :lol:


    That quote refers to AMD GPU's. When i got the 6850 i was disappointed when i saw it actually draws a lot CPU power and AMD drivers are kinda bad. Its the best single 6pin GPU. And it cost me 120 euros which was the best price and performance GPU i saw. And about the CPU, i like intel but they are too expensive for me. An i3 is out of the question because it has 2 cores and games are already starting to use more than 2 cores.
  10. Rugger said:
    Are you planning on getting another HD6850 for Crossfire? If no, then the HCG 520W is more than sufficient for your build; I run an HD6950 on one.


    I already have a 500W unit in here but for future GPU upgrades i plan on getting a GTX 760 or GTX 760Ti (probably not gonan upgrade before they are released)
  11. It's pure speculation to guess what the power requirements will be for a future series of cards especially considering that the GTX660/660ti haven't even been released. What can be said is that GPU power requirements have consistently decreased with this generation of GPUs. If power requirements don't significantly increase in the next generation of GPUs, then a good quality 500W PSU will likely be sufficient. This is pure speculation, but in today's 600/7000 series GPUs a good quality 500-550W PSU is sufficient for any single-GPU card. What is the make/model of your current PSU?
  12. Rugger said:
    The Antec HCG 620W is made by Seasonic and is based on the S12II series - very high quality PSU. The GS600 is made by CWT; a good OEM but this series of PSUs does not match the quality of the HCG series of PSUs. I would go for the HCG without a doubt or hesitation.


    while the old GS series were good PSU, the new GS series (V2) are a step up and on par with the HCG series

    old GS
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1146/pg8/corsair-gs800-power-supply-review-conclusion.html

    antec HCG
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1163/pg8/antec-high-current-gamer-620w-power-supply-review-conclusion.html

    new GS
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1519/pg6/corsair-gs800-gaming-series-power-supply-review-conclusion.html
  13. Rugger said:
    It's pure speculation to guess what the power requirements will be for a future series of cards especially considering that the GTX660/660ti haven't even been released. What can be said is that GPU power requirements have consistently decreased with this generation of GPUs. If power requirements don't significantly increase in the next generation of GPUs, then a good quality 500W PSU will likely be sufficient. This is pure speculation, but in today's 600/7000 series GPUs a good quality 500-550W PSU is sufficient for any single-GPU card. What is the make/model of your current PSU?


    Its Xilence XP500. And i'm not looking into any 500-550W PSU's. Min is 600W. I'd rather have more than enough and have the PSU live longer than have little more than the system uses and the PSU lasts a shorter period
  14. Lazar_99 said:
    Its Xilence XP500. And i'm not looking into any 500-550W PSU's. Min is 600W. I'd rather have more than enough and have the PSU live longer than have little more than the system uses and the PSU lasts a shorter period

    With your 600W minimum I would go for the HCG 620.
  15. Rugger said:
    With your 600W minimum I would go for the HCG 620.


    Well i am :D Best price and quality
  16. Lazar_99 said:
    Well i am :D Best price and quality

    ;) :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Corsair Components