Will my PSU get the job done?

Last response: in Components
July 8, 2012 11:34:57 PM

Hello guys.My Specs:
CPU: i5-3570k - 77W requires
GPU: HD 6850 Sapphire 1GB GGDR5 - 127W requires
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz - no idea how many watts
Mobo: Asrock P77 Extreme4 - no idea how many watts
My PSU is Cooler Master 460W.I don't plan on overclocking at all.Everything will stay at stock.Maybe i will use this PSU with this setup for around half a year and then change to a better one(not sure,just speculating) If let's say i don't manage to change my PSU at all,will this be just enought for my system?
P.S. I have one HDD,500GB Hitachi and one CD/DVD Drive.
P.S.2 I don't want to have a free room for future upgrades,because i won't do any in the next 2 to 3 years,when i'll definetelly buy new PSU.I just want to know is this PSU going to get the job done.
P.S.3 Right now i'm using Intel Core 2 Duo E7400@2.8Ghz - 65W requires,so i guess the difference between the two CPU's won't be big and atm everything is perfectly rock solid stable.
P.S.4 I'm going to sleep right now,it's 2:35 AM in my country,i'll check all of the replies tomorrow when i wake up,so if I don't respond right now,this is the reason.
I desperatelly need help,so please guys,help me.Thanks in advance!

More about : psu job

a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 12:25:32 AM

Even in the cooler master only delivers 400 watts, it's still enough to power your system. If you were to overclock however, I'd get a 550 w psu.
a c 122 ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 12:49:22 AM

It will get the job done but when you can buy another PSU cooler master makes allot of great products PSU ain't one of them and that PSU may die at any given moment here what i suggest when you can afford it buy it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
a c 110 ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 12:50:45 AM

Extreme Plus 460?

NOPE.AVI
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 11:50:04 AM

hotwheels1997 said:
Hello guys.My Specs:
CPU: i5-3570k - 77W requires
GPU: HD 6850 Sapphire 1GB GGDR5 - 127W requires
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz - no idea how many watts
Mobo: Asrock P77 Extreme4 - no idea how many watts
My PSU is Cooler Master 460W.I don't plan on overclocking at all.Everything will stay at stock.Maybe i will use this PSU with this setup for around half a year and then change to a better one(not sure,just speculating) If let's say i don't manage to change my PSU at all,will this be just enought for my system?
P.S. I have one HDD,500GB Hitachi and one CD/DVD Drive.
P.S.2 I don't want to have a free room for future upgrades,because i won't do any in the next 2 to 3 years,when i'll definetelly buy new PSU.I just want to know is this PSU going to get the job done.
P.S.3 Right now i'm using Intel Core 2 Duo E7400@2.8Ghz - 65W requires,so i guess the difference between the two CPU's won't be big and atm everything is perfectly rock solid stable.
P.S.4 I'm going to sleep right now,it's 2:35 AM in my country,i'll check all of the replies tomorrow when i wake up,so if I don't respond right now,this is the reason.
I desperatelly need help,so please guys,help me.Thanks in advance!

Coolermaster makes several 460W PSUs. What is the model number for your PSU? If you don't know it, then it is on a label on the side of the PSU.

A system with a single HD 6850 requires a 500W PSU with at least 28A on the 12V rails and one 75W 6-pin PCIe power connector. Total amperage available on the 12V rails is more important than the wattage rating of the PSU because most power in modern PCs is drawn from the 12V rails. Real world power consumption by your system won't exceed the 278W drawn by this system with a highly overclocked, power-hungry i7 965: http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6850-6870-revie... Your PSU will likely work but CM makes some really craptastic lower-end PSUs like the Extreme Power and Elite Power series; I personally wouldn't put either of those series within 10' of my new PC parts.
July 9, 2012 12:44:21 PM

Rugger said:
Coolermaster makes several 460W PSUs. What is the model number for your PSU? If you don't know it, then it is on a label on the side of the PSU.

A system with a single HD 6850 requires a 500W PSU with at least 28A on the 12V rails and one 75W 6-pin PCIe power connector. Total amperage available on the 12V rails is more important than the wattage rating of the PSU because most power in modern PCs is drawn from the 12V rails. Real world power consumption by your system won't exceed the 278W drawn by this system with a highly overclocked, power-hungry i7 965: http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6850-6870-revie... Your PSU will likely work but CM makes some really craptastic lower-end PSUs like the Extreme Power and Elite Power series; I personally wouldn't put either of those series within 10' of my new PC parts.

It's the cooler master elite 460W .I thought i put this in the main comment.Atm with my current CPU,the e7400 i run this card without problems.my PSU delivers 2x18Amps on the 12V rails,so I guess around 36Amps.the e7400 requires 65W,and the i5-3570k - 77W .At full load,my current rig exceed to around 250-60W tops.I highly doubt it will be a problem to run this PSU with my future rig,but i decided to ask,if you can prove me wrong.
P.S. My PSU delivers 324W Max on the 12V rails from the charts in CM site --> http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=...
July 9, 2012 12:52:36 PM

ive got that specs on comp and use 850watt ocz gold. ide get atleast 700watt anyway.
July 9, 2012 12:59:12 PM

boabs said:
ive got that specs on comp and use 850watt ocz gold. ide get atleast 700watt anyway.

A bit overkill for this kind of system?
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 12:59:34 PM

The CM Elite Power 460W is really a 400W PSU; CM used a liar-label to make a few more dollars on this low-end PSU: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-El...

Putting that aside, the PSU can deliver 400-420W of power. It has good voltage requlation and ok efficiency. While voltage noise and ripple pass the ATX specification the numbers are on the high side; this will cause undue wear on components using the power and shorten the components lifespan. It has a max of 27A on the 12V rails, but will likely be able to run your PC. This is a low-quality PSU and I would recommend replacing it as soon as possible.
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 1:02:26 PM

boabs said:

You could run a 3-way CF with that much PSU; maybe even a 4-way CF. The HD 6850 is not a power-hungry PSU and can be easily run with a good quality 400-450W PSU.

Edit: To be clear when I say 3 or 4-way CF above I mean with HD 6850s.
July 9, 2012 1:05:15 PM

Rugger said:
The CM Elite Power 460W is really a 400W PSU; CM used a liar-label to make a few more dollars on this low-end PSU: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-El...

Putting that aside, the PSU can deliver 400-420W of power. It has good voltage requlation and ok efficiency. While voltage noise and ripple pass the ATX specification the numbers are on the high side; this will cause undue wear on components using the power and shorten the components lifespan. It has a max of 27A on the 12V rails, but will likely be able to run your PC. This is a low-quality PSU and I would recommend replacing it as soon as possible.

Well what PSU would you propose me,something cheap that can run my system without putting on danger my parts,and to possible be able to handle something like GTX 670(the same requirement like GTX 560 Ti basically),for future proofing.
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 1:08:54 PM

What country? What make/models are available? Do you have a site where we can choose from a list of PSUs?
July 9, 2012 1:11:40 PM

Rugger said:
What country? What make/models are available? Do you have a site where we can choose from a list of PSUs?

My country is Bulgaria.Unfortunatelly the site where i can order,is in bulgarian,so it's not possible to give to you.So,search it newegg i guess and send me something,but just to be clear,in Bulgaria the prices are 2x and i'm not willing to pay something like 100$,which is the price for the Seasonic 520W 80+ Bronze in BG.
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 1:53:34 PM

A system with a single GTX 670 requires a 550W PSU with at least 36A on the 12V rails and two 75W 6-pin PCIe power connectors. Total amps available on the 12V rails is more important than the total wattage rating of the PSU because modern PCs get most of their power from the 12V rails. What are some of the PSUs that are available to you that meet those specification and your budget? Some brands that I would take a look at: Antec, Seasonic, Enermax, Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, beQuiet, Superflower, Coolermaster Silent Pro series (good price/performance here), OCZ (good price/peformance over here).
July 9, 2012 2:30:53 PM

Rugger said:
A system with a single GTX 670 requires a 550W PSU with at least 36A on the 12V rails and two 75W 6-pin PCIe power connectors. Total amps available on the 12V rails is more important than the total wattage rating of the PSU because modern PCs get most of their power from the 12V rails. What are some of the PSUs that are available to you that meet those specification and your budget? Some brands that I would take a look at: Antec, Seasonic, Enermax, Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, beQuiet, Superflower, Coolermaster Silent Pro series (good price/performance here), OCZ (good price/peformance over here).

Well in my country,pretty much no brand,so whatever,i guess i will find a way to order from other site.I have relative in USA,he could probably order something from newegg.So What PSU wouch you offer me from newegg for the price of about 60 max dollars,that can meet the requirement of the GTX 670/680.Thanks in advance!
P.S. Sorry for late response,i wasn't at home.
!