Sign in with
Your question

Nvdia

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2012 4:11:28 PM

Hello, have hp pavillion p6110f. Nvdia fan broke on geforce 8400gs display adapter. I have found that this particular graphic display adapter is no longer available. What do I replace it with? Does it make a difference if it's a ddr2 or would a ddr3 be okey since that seems to be all that is available.

Thank you very much. Now I know where to start shopping! I wasn't sure if when it asked for power if they were asking for the 256 on the broke graphics card or the power of my computer. Lots of difference there but still not sure how much I can add.

More about : nvdia

January 19, 2012 4:35:25 PM

contact HP and maybe they will replace the graphic card.
a b Î Nvidia
January 19, 2012 4:43:34 PM

dobe said:
Hello, have hp pavillion p6110f. Nvdia fan broke on geforce 8400gs display adapter. I have found that this particular graphic display adapter is no longer available. What do I replace it with? Does it make a difference if it's a ddr2 or would a ddr3 be okey since that seems to be all that is available.

Get one of these and install it. Least expensive way to keep your 8400GS alive:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b Î Nvidia
January 19, 2012 4:44:42 PM

Hello... the video cards are self contained such as the memory type will work with that card and not to worry about... current high end cards use GDDR5... your power supply is listed as only 250 watts... so limits your choices due to power available... you will need an PCI-E card to replace that one.
a b Î Nvidia
January 19, 2012 4:45:52 PM

dobe said:

BTW, the memory type on the video card (DDR2, DDR3, DDR5, etc) has nothing to do with the type of memory used by the motherboard (system). These are 2 completely different things.
January 19, 2012 4:49:30 PM

Modern cards have DDR5, obviously DDR3 is much faster than DDR2.

HP is not going to replace a 5yr old video card.
!