ric2roz

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
There are 11 channels to select on the modem/router. What frequency range do they use? Is this in the 900 MHz, 1.2 or 2.4 GHZ band spectrums?

ric2roz

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

This is for a Westell 7500 router/modem. A90-750022-07 Rev D. I tried to look it up on Westell.com, but they say, if end user, to go back to my ISP. CenturyLink sent me to Westell because they didnt know.

ric2roz

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Well, that explains why I can't have my 2.4GHZ security camera setup working with the wireless router. They are both on 2.4GHZ. I guess I have to figure is it more important using wireless laptop, or the security camera setup I have. Thanks for your answer. It does go with the solution that I stumbled on this morning.
Cheers
Rick

ric2roz

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

Good thought on changing the channel of the router, but I went thru all 11 channels, and no change. I've read the instruction book on the camera, and there are no option switches that are mentioned, so I must assume they are all preset. I do know, they use the 2.4GHZ spectrum.

If I go to a 5GHZ service, is that a new purchase of laptop card, and router/modem?

My last option is a 6 foot cat 5 cable between the router and laptop, and a 5 foot cat 5 from the laptop USB port to the HP printer. I wanted to be cordless, to give me the ability to move from Florida room to kitchen to bedroom, just by picking up and moving, but who knows. The other options are cables from the 4 cameras to DVR, but that is a real bummer to do that option. Thanks again for your feedback on the standard router frequency. I thought it was, just wanted another opinion.

ric2roz

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
I think I will keep it wired in the kitchen for the time being. How hard is it to replace the wireless card on the laptop. It's a Dell Inspiron, in case I choose to go a different direction.

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008

I am not sure if you can even replace it. It would depend if there was every an option to upgrade the a 5Ghz wireless. I am guessing if it was made with in the last year and a half, it might be able to be upgraded. I was thinking more along the lines of a USB WiFI dongle.
Is there an more of the model number?