KonicaMinolta Z5 USB Problem

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 11, 2005 4:03:13 PM

Trying to connect the Z5 to a PC with Windows 2000 and it doesn't detect
it. The cable is OK. The Konica website says there can be conflicts with
other USB devices, so this has obviously happened before.

I have disconnected all USB's except the mouse but when I connect the
camera it says driver not installed. It won't detect it from the CD.

Anyone come across this before?

Robert
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 5:51:00 PM

RH <rh@netscape.net> wrote:

> Trying to connect the Z5 to a PC with Windows 2000 and it doesn't detect
> it. The cable is OK. The Konica website says there can be conflicts with
> other USB devices, so this has obviously happened before.
>
> I have disconnected all USB's except the mouse but when I connect the
> camera it says driver not installed. It won't detect it from the CD.
>
> Anyone come across this before?

I have a Mac with OS X and my Z5 connects to my Mac instantly.

On WIndows machines you need the viewer software. You should go to:

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/main/kmpi/content/c...
er/SoftwareResults

and download the Windows 2000 viewer software:

DiMAGE Viewer Software Update Ver. 2.3.7 - Win

and install it.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to rhodyman@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

Stephen Henning wrote:
> RH <rh@netscape.net> wrote:
>

>>Trying to connect the Z5 to a PC with Windows 2000 and it doesn't detect
>>it. The cable is OK. The Konica website says there can be conflicts with
>>other USB devices, so this has obviously happened before.
>>
>>I have disconnected all USB's except the mouse but when I connect the
>>camera it says driver not installed. It won't detect it from the CD.
>>
>>Anyone come across this before?
>

> I have a Mac with OS X and my Z5 connects to my Mac instantly.
>
> On WIndows machines you need the viewer software. You should go to:
>
> http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/main/kmpi/content/c...
> er/SoftwareResults
>
> and download the Windows 2000 viewer software:
>
> DiMAGE Viewer Software Update Ver. 2.3.7 - Win
>
> and install it.

Hi,
Is your W2k with all the updates? I run W2K Sp4 with a few different
cameras, scanners, etc. on USB. No problem ever.
Try to find the camera from device manager then by forcing it.
There must be a CD which came with the camera for it's specific needs if
there is any. Also does your PC have latest BIOS?
Tony
June 12, 2005 11:40:32 AM

> Hi,
> Is your W2k with all the updates? I run W2K Sp4 with a few different
> cameras, scanners, etc. on USB. No problem ever.
> Try to find the camera from device manager then by forcing it.
> There must be a CD which came with the camera for it's specific needs
> if there is any. Also does your PC have latest BIOS?
> Tony

I have loaded the DiImage update from the website, I will check the windows
2000 updates and try again
Thanks
!