Sign in with
Your question

Processor core voltage out of recommended range

Last response: in Components
July 9, 2012 6:19:31 AM

hello....i have DZ77SL-50K motherboard ...and intel core i7 3rd gen 3770 processor...and 600W cooler master power supply....i have installed intel desktop utilities and today i got alert that Processor core voltage out of recommended range (0.460V) ...i immediately turned off my pc....i want to ask can this damage my processor ???
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 6:52:40 AM

It sure can if it goes too far out of range. Keep an eye on that voltage. If it happens again, I wouldn't hesitate to ditch that crappermaster PSU and get a more reliable one.
m
l
July 9, 2012 3:00:54 PM

Question: Was the processor out of voltage range BY .460V, or was the processor voltage itself .460V?

The first would be alarming, the second would be a faulty reading. [Theres no way Windows, let alone the PC, would be powered at that low a power level].
m
l
Related resources
July 9, 2012 6:36:21 PM

gamerk316 said:
Question: Was the processor out of voltage range BY .460V, or was the processor voltage itself .460V?

The first would be alarming, the second would be a faulty reading. [Theres no way Windows, let alone the PC, would be powered at that low a power level].

processor voltage itself was .460 V....it has happened to me first time in my life...and first time with this pc since i bought it arnd 1-2 months back....and today i kept eye on voltage and it didnt go beyond 1.100 V or under .900V...
m
l
July 9, 2012 7:45:21 PM

Probably a false reading, as I would expect everything to shut down at that low a voltage. There is the chance, however, of a very unstable PSU.
m
l
!