Unable to unlock AMD phenom 960t BE processor

rajeshanjeara

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hi there

I recently bought a mobo of DIGILITE DL-A76MLK with phenom II X4 960t BE processor. I am unable to unlock the two disabled cores of 960t. Can anyone help me to reachout the problem why the mobo does not support core unlocking though this has unclocking feature? Does the mentioned mobo not support unlocking? it has that option in its BIOS. And how i can find that whether this mobo supports Advanced clocking or Turbo clock?

Please gimme a solution.

My mobo spec is,

Processor
•Support AMD Socket AM3 processor (Phenom II ).
Core Chip
•AMD® 760G + SB710
Memory
•Dual channel DDR3 1600(oc)/1333/1066 x 2 DIMMs, Max. 8GB
Front Side Bus
•4.4 GT/s HyperTransport™
Graphic
•ATI® Radeon™ 3000
Expansion Slots
•1* PCIe x16,
•1* PCIe x1,
•2* PCI slots
I/O Ports:
•1 x PS/2 keyboard port
•1 x PS/2 mouse port
•1 x VGA port
•1 x DVI port
•1 x Audio jack supports 3 jacks
•4 x USB 2.0 ports
•1 x RJ45 LAN jack
Internal I/O Connectors:
•1 x ATX 24-Pin power connector
•1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
•2 x 4-pin CPU / System FAN connectors
•1 x ATA133 IDE connector
•1 x CD-in connector
•1 x Front Audio header
•1 x CD-in connector
•1 x Front Audio header
•1 x Front Panel header
•4 x USB 2.0 headers support additional 8 ports
•4 x Serial ATAII connectors
•1 x INTR
•1 x S/PDIF out header
•1 x TPM header
•1 x COM header
•1 x Speaker
LAN
•Gigabit LAN by Realtek RTL8111E
Audio
•5.1 channel HDA
•Micro ATX Form Factor, 9.6inches x 8.4inches (24.4cm x 21.3cm)
IDE
•1* ATA133

Firstly , you must make a note of the fact that all processors aren't unlockable.
What you ought to search on google for, is the series of your processor, printed on the packet or the faceplate of it, if those were unlocked by anyone.
Then the other steps need to be followed.

Some are sold with cores turned off usually due to a defect that prevents them from being stable, working at all, or cause power consumption to be far beyond spec to the extent that it wouldn't meet specs for any of the models normally sold. So there are usually chances that one or both of the disabled cores could work but the least of your problems would be drastically higher than normal power consumption and being stable at lower than normal clocks. To go further the board that you chose does have some impact on if your unlocked cores are going to work.