install card reader

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 11, 2005 4:50:00 PM

I have a Kodak digiatl camerac300 with a sd card -am trying to install the
sd lexar card reader..been haing problems- have a lexar usb2.0.
When I just plug the lexar unit into the USB port my mouse quits working.
there is no mouse arrow.one time when I got it to go- went to jdusb2
directory and it said it could not find the driver...
help
Michael

More about : install card reader

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 6:27:42 PM

Did you load the software that came with the card reader ??? Craig Flory
June 11, 2005 8:46:38 PM

"Michael Balarama" <mbalar@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have a Kodak digiatl camerac300 with a sd card -am trying to install the
> sd lexar card reader..been haing problems- have a lexar usb2.0.
> When I just plug the lexar unit into the USB port my mouse quits working.
> there is no mouse arrow.one time when I got it to go- went to jdusb2
> directory and it said it could not find the driver...
> help
> Michael

is it a USB mouse...........
June 11, 2005 9:39:56 PM

operating win 98-mouse is not USB -and there was no driver or software with
the card reader--when I download the driver it goes into a directory
jdusb2-when I point the install there-it says no driver found...
very frustrating-most times I just plug in the lexar reader to the USB post
and it knocks out my mouse so I just reboot and try again.
Michael
"Ted" <OnThe@Upbtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 8f4he$bkg$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

> "Michael Balarama" <mbalar@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >I have a Kodak digiatl camerac300 with a sd card -am trying to install
the
> > sd lexar card reader..been haing problems- have a lexar usb2.0.
> > When I just plug the lexar unit into the USB port my mouse quits
working.
> > there is no mouse arrow.one time when I got it to go- went to jdusb2
> > directory and it said it could not find the driver...
> > help
> > Michael
> >

> is it a USB mouse...........

June 11, 2005 9:39:57 PM

Michael Balarama wrote:

> operating win 98-mouse is not USB -and there was no driver or software
> with the card reader--

Win 98 REQUIRES a driver for card readers. If the reader didn't come with a
driver, it isn't going to work with win98. Been there done that.

> very frustrating-most times I just plug in the lexar reader to the USB
> post and it knocks out my mouse

That sounds like a hardware problem. If your PS2 mouse dies when a USB
device is plugged in? Anyway this isn't going to work in win98 without the
right driver specific to this device. Many newer card readers don't support
win98 for this reason. Most have an setup.exe you must run BEFORE you even
plug the device in when using within win98.

--

Stacey
Anonymous

Michael Balarama wrote:

> operating win 98-mouse is not USB -and there was no driver or software with
> the card reader--when I download the driver it goes into a directory
> jdusb2-when I point the install there-it says no driver found...
> very frustrating-most times I just plug in the lexar reader to the USB post
> and it knocks out my mouse so I just reboot and try again.
> Michael
> "Ted" <OnThe@Upbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 8f4he$bkg$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>
>>"Michael Balarama" <mbalar@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have a Kodak digiatl camerac300 with a sd card -am trying to install
>
> the
>
>>>sd lexar card reader..been haing problems- have a lexar usb2.0.
>>>When I just plug the lexar unit into the USB port my mouse quits
>
> working.
>
>>>there is no mouse arrow.one time when I got it to go- went to jdusb2
>>>directory and it said it could not find the driver...
>>>help
>>>Michael
>>>

>>is it a USB mouse...........

Hi,
Sounds like IRQ issue. Maybe you're running out of it.
If there is no spare IRQ left, out of luck.
Maybe time to move to W2K(I use it) or XP?
I hate XP. Rather go to Linux instead.
Tony
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:59:07 PM

Tony Hwang wrote:
[]
> Hi,
> Sounds like IRQ issue. Maybe you're running out of it.
> If there is no spare IRQ left, out of luck.
> Maybe time to move to W2K(I use it) or XP?
> I hate XP. Rather go to Linux instead.
> Tony

Windows XP and Windows 2000 are really pretty similar - have you tried XP
with the "Classic" Windows 2000 interface?

David
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:52:20 AM

"Michael Balarama" <mbalar@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have a Kodak digiatl camerac300 with a sd card -am trying to install the
> sd lexar card reader..been haing problems- have a lexar usb2.0.
> When I just plug the lexar unit into the USB port my mouse quits working.
> there is no mouse arrow.one time when I got it to go- went to jdusb2
> directory and it said it could not find the driver...
> help
> Michael

What OS are you running??
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 7:38:17 PM

Hi Mike,

Sounds like you have an IRQ confilict. Best bet is to upgrade the system,
or, if the option is available, use a USB device. If you cannot do that
consider checking your system as follows.

For the serial port to work with a device, it must be (1) unshared, and (2)
recognized by the computer to be a 'physical' port (rather than a 'virtual'
port). On a Windows 95 or Windows 98 system, you can select Start /
Settings / Control Panels / Modems / Diagnostics to display a list of your
serial ports. If you see 'Serial Mouse' or 'Modem' listed next to one of
the ports, that port will not be usable because it is already being used by
the listed device. Click on one of the ports and select 'more info.' This
will show you the port's Interrupt Address (IRQ). If you find that two ports
are sharing the same IRQ, you will need to speak with a computer technical
support person about assigning the port a unique IRQ. If 'UART' is shown,
that port is a 'physical' one, and therefore usable. If 'UART' is grayed
out, the port is virtual and not usable.

If you have a Windows NT system, you should contact a computer technical
support person to insure that the serial port you are using meets the above
requirements.

Assuming the serial port you are using meets the above criteria, please try
the following suggestions:

(1) Check the camera communications settings. Open 'My Computer,' right
click once on the camera icon, and select 'Camera Controls.' Make sure the
proper COM port is selected. Make sure that the port and speed are set
correctly. Then select 'Advanced,' and try increasing the Serial Lock and
Timeout Delay settings.

(2) Try increasing / decreasing the serial port's baud rate. To do this:

- Select Start
- Select Settings
- Select Control Panels
- Double-click on System
- Select Device Manager
- Click to the left of Ports, so a minus sign appears
- Double-click on the port you have the camera connected to
- Select Port Settings
- Change 'Bits per Second.' (Start with the fastest settings [i.e. 57600] -
you can always try slower settings if problems occur.)
- Also make sure Data Bits = 8, Parity = none, Stop bits = 1, and Flow
Control = none
- Select 'OK' to save the new serial port settings.

(3) Try the device on another computer, if one is available. This would
help pinpoint whether the device or the computer is causing the problem.

Once you have reviewed the available ports on your system, you will know
which way to move ahead.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company