Starting a program minimized from the registry

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I have placed a shortcut to an executable into the Startup folder and I have
right clicked on to set it to run minimized.but it did not work.

Then I added it to the
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] key in
the registry and it still starts in "normal window" mode!

I think that there should me a switch in the command line that will force it
to start minimized.

Dose anybody know what it is and the syntax? I would imagine that a minus
sign or a forward slash is required with a switch.

The String Value that I have in the Run Key of the registry is "Adaptec
CIO"="C:\\Program Files\\Adaptec\\CIO Management Software\\ciocnsl.exe"

Thanks.

<©¿©> wrote:

> I have placed a shortcut to an executable into the Startup folder and I have
> right clicked on to set it to run minimized.but it did not work.
>
> Then I added it to the
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] key in
> the registry and it still starts in "normal window" mode!
>
> I think that there should me a switch in the command line that will force it
> to start minimized.
>
> Dose anybody know what it is and the syntax? I would imagine that a minus
> sign or a forward slash is required with a switch.
>
> The String Value that I have in the Run Key of the registry is "Adaptec
> CIO"="C:\\Program Files\\Adaptec\\CIO Management Software\\ciocnsl.exe"
Hi

Put this in Run in registry (note that you need the quotes around the
program path if it has spaces):

cmd.exe /c start /min "path to some program here"

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

kelly

Added note: It can also be listed under Shell here: Start/Run/Regedit

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
> <©¿©> wrote:
>
>> I have placed a shortcut to an executable into the Startup folder and I
>> have right clicked on to set it to run minimized.but it did not work.
>>
>> Then I added it to the
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] key in
>> the registry and it still starts in "normal window" mode!
>>
>> I think that there should me a switch in the command line that will force
>> it to start minimized.
>>
>> Dose anybody know what it is and the syntax? I would imagine that a
>> minus sign or a forward slash is required with a switch.
>>
>> The String Value that I have in the Run Key of the registry is "Adaptec
>> CIO"="C:\\Program Files\\Adaptec\\CIO Management Software\\ciocnsl.exe"
> Hi
>
> Put this in Run in registry (note that you need the quotes around the
> program path if it has spaces):
>
> cmd.exe /c start /min "path to some program here"

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Nothing works!

I have finally got it launch from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key with
the "cmd" string with the switches suggested. It will only work without
quotation marks, so the string has to be modified to DOS style
C:\Progra~1\...

This program is very stubborn...it refuses to launch minimized! I even tried
it in the AutoRun string of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command
Processor key!

Thanks for the help guys...I guess I'm doomed to minimizing it at every
startup. ;-(