Installing 4 fans on motherboard with 3 fan headers

ClownWalker

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Hey guys! I just finished mi first build and I'm so happy it's working so well!

The only problem is that I can't get my 4 fans to work at the same time, even though they're all plugged in. I have rear, top, front and side fans. The rear and top works no problem. But the one on the front need to be connected to my psu with a molex plug. As there is 3 fan header on my mobo, i can plug the other 3 on it. But the side fan, even though is plug on the mobo, doesn't work one bit. When i unplug the front fan, then the side fan is working.

Any idea on how to plug them all? (I bought a Y adapter to plug two fans on one mobo fan header but the cable doesn't work at all)

Solution
That is very strange because there should be no relation between a fan plugged in via molex and a fan plugged into the motherboard.

Try a few permutations of this set up by plugging different fans into the MOBO and Molex such as two fans into the motherboard and two via molex etc. and see what you find.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
That is very strange because there should be no relation between a fan plugged in via molex and a fan plugged into the motherboard.

Try a few permutations of this set up by plugging different fans into the MOBO and Molex such as two fans into the motherboard and two via molex etc. and see what you find.

Solution

ClownWalker

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012

Just found a way to make it work. Since the Y cable was complete BS, I used an molex adaptor and plug two of my fans on the PSU since I'm planning on running all fans on full speed all the time.