I would like to activate my Auto complete. I have enabled it and Rebooted in
several capacities. It shows that it is enabled on my internet settings but
does not work?!! I have also typed the same addresses for monthes. What is
keeping this from working?

Thanks for any help. Jeff

This fix applies to Outlook and other programs that store passwords
in the Protected Storage System Provider sub-branch of the Registry.
It also corrects some issues with Internet Explorer and Autocomplete.
Visit: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm

[Repair Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Firehouse140" wrote:

| I would like to activate my Auto complete. I have enabled it and Rebooted in
| several capacities. It shows that it is enabled on my internet settings but
| does not work?!! I have also typed the same addresses for monthes. What is
| keeping this from working?
|
| Thanks for any help. Jeff

kelly

Hi Jeff,

Restore IE AutoComplete Password Prompt (Line 13) Right hand side

AutoComplete Mode Enabled or Disabled (Line 37)

Close IE. Then go to Start/Run and type in: services.msc
Scroll down to Protected Storage. Note the Status column. If Protected
Storage is running, Started will appear under Status.

If Protected Storage is not started, start it. To do this, right-click
Protected Storage, and then click Start. If Protected Storage is started,
stop and then restart it.

If you receive a Stop Other Services message, record the names of the other
services that will be stopped, and then click Yes. Then restart the others
services. Close out then reopen IE.

AutoComplete Does Not Save Username and Password
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q306895

--
All the Best,
Kelly