Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Yet another CPU temperature question

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2012 4:20:13 PM

Can some kind soul either point me to Intel specs or give me information from experience?

I am running a Core i5 2.66 GHz on an Asus P7P55D Deluxe (see http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/configuration.php?con... ) . My CPU temps, measured by SpeedFan, run from a relatively quiet 40 degrees Centigrade to the mid-sixties. Are these acceptable temps, or should I be cooling more aggressively?

Most curiously, the high temps do not always appear under load. Possibly explained by my aggressive Asus Qfan strategy. But it's supposed to up the fan speed when temps rise.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
July 9, 2012 4:28:36 PM

yes its absolutely fine :)  Anythin under 70C is perfectly fine :) 
a c 188 à CPUs
July 9, 2012 4:57:18 PM

I wouldnt worry about those temperatures they look fine.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2012 5:01:05 PM

Are you running on a stock cooler or an aftermarket one? Is that the CPU socket temps or the core temps? Download HWMonitor to monitor your voltages and temps and report back what you see, I've always considered SpeedFan as a toy.
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2012 5:30:41 PM

ilysaml said:
Are you running on a stock cooler or an aftermarket one? Is that the CPU socket temps or the core temps? Download HWMonitor to monitor your voltages and temps and report back what you see, I've always considered SpeedFan as a toy.

I will try that when I get home.
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2012 5:31:42 PM

Best answer selected by WyomingKnott.
m
l
!