Sign in with
Your question

Can Asus 6450 512MB support 3 displays

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2012 11:30:49 PM

We have i7 systems running Windows 7 x 64bits.

We are looking at this Asus EAH6450 512MB using Radeon HD6450, PCIe x 16 slot.

Can this card supports 3 different display simultaneously?

Asus spec show 3 outputs: HDMI, DVI-D and D-sub output.
What is the D-sub output? Is this analog VGA?
January 19, 2012 11:31:39 PM

Displays are to be 1080p HD LCD monitors
m
l
January 20, 2012 12:26:16 AM

Yes, VGA is an type of D-Sub connector. And in this case, if the card doesn't have 2x DVI + HDMI, or at least 1 DisplayPort, it can't display up to 3 screens, but only 2.
You can either use VGA or DVI, but not both.

Hope it helps! :) 
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2012 3:36:42 PM

I agree this card cannot support 3 displays.

But, I understand the AMD Radeon does able to drive 3 displays. Can you tell me which lowest end Radeon graphic chip and card do support 3 displays?
m
l
January 20, 2012 10:00:13 PM

I think some modded types of HD 6450 can support up to 3 displays, but for the stock type, I would say an HD 6750.
m
l
January 21, 2012 6:51:47 PM

Thanks Bloc97. This is best solution so far. This will certainly part of presentation to our bosses.

Is there any similar 3 display, no fan, graphic cards as alternative? (Out bosses always like second sources).
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 21, 2012 8:20:02 PM

Why do they can't have fans? There might be problems where they over heat.
m
l
January 21, 2012 9:54:53 PM

young707 said:
Thanks Bloc97. This is best solution so far. This will certainly part of presentation to our bosses.

Is there any similar 3 display, no fan, graphic cards as alternative? (Out bosses always like second sources).

If it isn't for gaming, you can always resort to other less popular companies with cheaper graphic cards (doesn't mean it breaks more often) that perform very well for 2D graphics like S3 or Matrox. Since they are less powerful, they produce less heat, so buy the ones without a fan if noise matters to you.

With Matrox that does 2D Business-Class graphic cards with long product life cycles, you can drive up to 16 screens with some of their cards. Some of them also uses the PCI-E x1 or even a standard PCI port, their company really have an nice collection of slot types.
They offer very compact-type graphic cards by using one proprietary output and using an splitter cable.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_car...

But the ones you really need for 3 or more monitors are the M or P-Series.

M-Series are more performant
P-Series are more power-efficient

Edit : Only M-Series supports 4 monitors.
m
l
!