Maxtor drives on RAID Channels don't get detected

jefft

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2001
Hiya all, my first post, but I've been lurking.

My system:
1 Ghz TBird Athlon
ABIT KT7-RAID
2 Maxtor 40 Gb drives - RAID0, Both masters on the 2 RAID channels
My problem is "Compatibility mode paging reduces overall system performance". I need drivers for my hard drives, because right now, whenever there's serious drive usage, my system grinds to a halt. It barely refreshes the mouse!
Maxtor supplies no drivers for thier hard drives, just the "MaxBlast" software that auto-detects the drives and does everything for you. My problem is, the MaxBlast software doesn't scan the RAID channels, just the IDE. It doesn't detect the drives, and can't install the drivers. I'm looking either for alternate drivers, or a way to get MaxBlast to detect my drives.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. :)

Thanks all,
JeffT

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Unfortunately no hard drives that I know of supply drivers. The Drivers are suppose to be from your RAID controllers. Usually the MS Dos Compatibility Mode isn't caused by the hard drive.

I would make sure that you aren't using Ez Bios. You will see it when you first boot the system (Ez Bios initializing). Another thing is I would make sure that you have the latest drivers for the Hi Point Controllers.

I hope that gives you a good idea ... *:O)

<font color=green>"Your call will be answered by the next available Tech Support representative"</font color=green>