Thor v2 and ASRock z77 Extreme6 Header Connections

alcatas

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Hi guys,

First time builder here. I've been trying to figure out where some of the header connections go on my motherboard and wanted some input from more experienced guys.

As it says in the title, I have a Rosewill Thor v2 case and an ASRock Z77 Extreme6 motherboard.

This is the manual for the mobo: ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/Z77%20Extreme6.pdf

The PLED (there's a "PLED +" and "PLED -" connector), Power SW and Reset SW connectors are the ones I'm having the most trouble with.

Do I plug the PLED into item 20 and the HDD LED, Power and Reset SW into 21?

Additionally, I have a HD Audio and an AS97 (this is probably wrong...but it looks kinda like that) connector, which one do I plug into the audio port on my mobo...I have the HD Audio one currently connected.

Sorry for the dumb questions, tried experimenting a little but wanted some outside input.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Use the diagram on p.41 for all of those connectors on item 21, you don't need to use item 20.

And connect the HD audio cable only. The AC-97 is a legacy audio connector that's been replaced with the HD audio one.

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
Use the diagram on p.41 for all of those connectors on item 21, you don't need to use item 20.

And connect the HD audio cable only. The AC-97 is a legacy audio connector that's been replaced with the HD audio one.

Solution

alcatas

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Awesome, thanks!

One question I forgot to ask initially concerns the color of the cables - the Power and reset SW connectors have 2 pins and have two wires running into it (one black, one red) I assume one connects to a "GND", or ground pin, but is the black wire the ground wire?

Thanks again :)