Edimax EW-7612 wireless adapter can't ping router

Altissimus

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Above adapter is new-ish. It was working fine; now it's hiccupping.

Wireless network is fine - both my laptops get on without a problem.

The Edimax PCI-E adapter:

a) can't connect, or
b) has limited connectivity, or
c) has full connectivity but no web pages work, and the router can't be pinged, or
d) works (for a short while)

The above options are seen pretty much evenly, except for the last one which achieves disproportionately low representation.

Have attempted to uninstall/reinstall drivers. Have attempted to delete all profiles. Have seriously considered ripping out the PCI-E and throwing it into the next-door neighbours garden, but fear this may damage the motherboard.

Any help, solutions, or shared-Edimax-rage-experiences gratefully received.

Thanks,
A

P.s. Win 7 64-bit.

G

Hi A

I am having a similar problem with this card. Someone on amazon wrote a review of this card and said to try downloading the latest drivers from the website. But the version i just downloaded is not any newer than the ones i had already.

same for me, edimax causes freezing and crashing of windows explorer, like i'm running out of RAM. also, says i have internet access but I clearly don't.

I am sure it is edimax, cause i borrowed a USB wifi dongle which is working fine.

i want to rip this thing out as well and throw it against the wall. I have written to Edimax and complained but we will have to see what they say.

I have seen simlar Edimax messages out there. another similar gripe on this forum says changing AES to TKIP works but it didn't for me.

Good luck

Darren

Altissimus

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011