Coolermaster HAF XM vs NZXT Phantom Full tower

tuganu

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hey there people,

I've been planning a new build for a while now and I've been pretty set on the NZXT Phantom case. Another case that recently caught my eye is the Coolermaster HAF XM. it is 20$ cheaper and from what I can tell has better cooling. Though The NZXT Phantom Isn't Bad The HAF XM seems Like a good Bang for buck. I will most likely get the Phantom but I would still like some opinions.

NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 White

Coolermaster Haf XM Mid Tower Case

Also here are my specs.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
CASE: NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 White
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
OPTICAL DRIVE: Pioneer DVR-220LBKS
MOTHERBOARD: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
POWER SUPPLY: Silverstone Strider Plus 750w
RAM/MEMORY: G.skill Ares 1600Mhz (2x4GB)
Keyboard/Mouse: Microsoft Wired Desktop Keyboard 600
Monitor: ASUS VE247H 23.6"
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
-ANTI-STATIC WRIST STRAP

Solution
I am looking into a new case myself and have looked at both these cases, and tbh there both great cases. But here are a few thoughts I had. The phantom case is 222 x 540 x 623 mm, a good large size, the Coolermaster case is 252 x 530.5 x 579 mm, pretty comparable, there both large cases with plenty of airflow which is great. They both got 5 out of 5 eggs as an average rating on newegg.com and there is definitely something to be said for that. As a side note I am guessing that newegg.com is not available to you as I am guessing your Australian based due to pccasegear.com but I would still go to newegg.com and read the reviews on the cases, there all by people who own the case and are very helpful, there is also detailed videos about...

mattangle

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012
I am looking into a new case myself and have looked at both these cases, and tbh there both great cases. But here are a few thoughts I had. The phantom case is 222 x 540 x 623 mm, a good large size, the Coolermaster case is 252 x 530.5 x 579 mm, pretty comparable, there both large cases with plenty of airflow which is great. They both got 5 out of 5 eggs as an average rating on newegg.com and there is definitely something to be said for that. As a side note I am guessing that newegg.com is not available to you as I am guessing your Australian based due to pccasegear.com but I would still go to newegg.com and read the reviews on the cases, there all by people who own the case and are very helpful, there is also detailed videos about both those cases there that really give you an inside look at them. And if they do ship to Australia at a decent price it still might be cheaper as newegg has the phantom for $119.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146067

and the Coolermaster for 129.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257&Tpk=CoolerMaster%20HAF%20XM%20Case

But the videos/reviews on there always help me make my decisions. All said and done the Coolermaster looks like it has a little better airflow, but the Phantom definitely has a nicer appearance in my opinion. Hope this was helpful too you and good luck!

-Matt

Solution

tuganu

Honorable
May 23, 2012

Not the trooper but if the website has cm storm stryker soon I might get that

tuganu

Honorable
May 23, 2012

Yeah I wish I lived in USA but unfortunatedly they do not ship to Australia At ALL. So Pccasegear is it for now. ah man... what I would do for the prices you guys get. any way, thanks for letting me know that newegg has reviews on the website. I did not know and it should help