Safe to overclock i7 2600 (no K) with Easytune6?

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Hey. I just wanted to make sure this is safe cause i got this program with my new Gigabyte G1 sniper3. There's these 3 buttons on there color coded and i really wanna....push the red one lol. I have the Intel i7 Core 2600 without the K. 3.4GHZ with turbo boost of 3.8GHZ.

My cooling solution is a Corsair H100. If there's something i need to change that i should know about before i do i'd like to know. I sat there looking at the bios (window you press del on to call) and didn't know what the heck i was looking at. Bios version is F5. Thanks for any possible help. I want to play it safe and ask first.

Solution

It may be that your storage drive is being slow on loading the data for Sims 3 :) I'm not too sure since I don't play it myself :lol:

However, I don't really recommend overclocking a non K-Sku CPU as I've heard many different things that could result from it!

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
The reason i want to do this is because my Sims 3 takes a million years to load up Sims in the create-a-family window. It's the ONE game i have that makes my graphics card (a nvidia evga 670gtx) get really hot, out of all my other games. Other games like MW3, Crisis 2, and such, don't do that nor go slow. I don't get why it only does this to Sims 3 even after i upgraded my damn board. I couldn't find something to blame this on. O_O

Maybe sims 3 just sucks. x3

It may be that your storage drive is being slow on loading the data for Sims 3 :) I'm not too sure since I don't play it myself :lol:

However, I don't really recommend overclocking a non K-Sku CPU as I've heard many different things that could result from it!

Solution
Well if you're going to buy a 256GB SSD, I would recommend you load your entire OS onto it :D (unless you were planning on this :lol: ) and use your current hard drive as storage. Load the games you play the most on your SSD, and load other things onto your HDD.

However, if you don't have too many games you want to load onto your SSD, a 120GB would suffice for Windows, 4-5 games (given they're 3-8GB each), and some programs you frequently use.

But yes, the Samsung 830 series SSD's are very good :) a few friends of mine use them and they're all very happy with the performance.

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Awesome! I rather get the 256GB because my Sims 3 data folder is 17GB big and am just more confident about that size than the 120. :D Yes i understand that i have to install Windows into the SSD but i'll have a bigger storage drive than now. (Only have a 500GB for storage)

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
lol okay. I was looking at this 32GB kit from Corsair. They're really cool looking. So i can just max out the new board i got with it. It's because i have sooooo many mods in there. x3