dogchops53

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Hello,
I've just bought a Powercolor 6870HD and am having probs with it.I have a Steam Acc and am trying to play Dirt 3(Have just bought that too). When I try to connect the Dirt 3 logo comes up and then screen goes dark and looks like its booting game but instead a message appears on the monitor saying that signal is out of range???Does it everytime I try to start Dirt 3. Also last nite the screen went black on the desktop and only multi colored icons came up but hardly legible and you could not click on them as it was to dark to see them. The following night the screen split into something like multi desktop on my monitor? Left side of screen was a little fuzzy with a 2 inch black line from the top to the bottom of screen but the right hand side of the line was clear as a bell.This card is only 3 or 4 days old and is the first time I've had trouble with a new Graphics Card.I've since taken card out and replaced with a HD5570 and everything runs great...........can play left4dead with this card and it runs just fine but not 6870.Have new 900watt power supply bought because I was upgrading to a higher end card. The card would be normally running alongside a Quad core phenom 3200Ghz 4 Gb DDR3 1333 MHz (900watt PSU as mentioned Gigabyte Motherboard(2 months old) 78LMT-S2P.............never had this trouble with my HD5770 G/C just this mongrel card called a 6870HD. Any suggestions besides a gallon of gas a nd a match would be appreciated lol,
Craig

dogchops53

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Its called an APower 900watt PSU .......Endorsed by Nvidia & ATI presumably as thats whats on the box.........made in China just like the 6870HD,

dogchops53

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Here's whats written on the side of PSU
DC OUTPUT +3.3V - +5V - +12V1 - +12V2 -12V - +5Vsb
MAX AMP 24A 26A 28A 28A 0.8A 3A
TOTAL OUTPUT 900WATT

dogchops53

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
:hello: Hi Guys and thanks for your input! Have swapped out my 2 New Sticks of Corsair DDR3/1333MHz RAM and replaced them with my 2 X Kingston DDR3/1333MHZ RAM and low & behold the card has been working a treat for over a week.............it didn't like the new corsair ram...........Its not the first time I've had trouble with ram?had to send a stick back just late last year and have it replaced as it was faulty as well! Have emailed my supplier here in Australia and have received a RMA PDF form to fill out should anything go wrong in the coming months,so here's hoping?..........Anyway many thanks again for your input!!! :hello: :hello: :hello: