corx05

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Just yesterday my computer started acting weird, it turns on and has a display on the monitor for about 20 seconds then the monitor loses signal. I thought it was a monitor issue at first so i connected a new one and had the same problem. I also reseated my cpu , re-applyed thermal paste, and checked my video card,cleared CMOS,and reseated my ram, but nothing is working.

my specs are

Intel I3 processor
Naxn 550w power suppy
Motherboard- msi p67a-g43
Hitachi 500gb hdd
Graphics-Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT

ejbragg

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
It appears you and I are almost in the same boat. I posted a similar set of symptoms Friday, and still have no responses.

Unfortunately, these types of problems are hard to solve without proper troubleshooting gear or extra parts. Just out of curiosity, your monitor goes black, but the motherboard and fans remain powered up?

(The only difference between our symptoms is that my computer just shuts off completely. Also, my computer is older.)

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

If your computer shuts off completely, this is more than likely a PSU issue. Although like you said, without a extra components (another PSU) it's fairly hard to test for sure.

As for the OP....it could be anything from a faulty cable or connector, to a faulty motherboard/graphics card depending what video output your connecting to. By the sounds of it, your 9500 is failing. Biggest downfall of a P67 board IMO - not having onboard graphics to be able to switch to should the GPU fail.