ITX HTPC - Cost Reduction / Parts Choice

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: $500ish after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: HTPC, web / business, light gaming

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, OS, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Microcenter, Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct, etc...

Parts Preferences: ASUS, Gigabyte or ASROCK motherboard. Intel CPU.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Silent ITX form factor.

LGA 1155 Mini ITX HTPC
MB - ASRock H67M-ITX - $87 + $7 shipping
CPU - Intel i3-2100 - $100
GPU - XFX HD 6450 Low Profile Fanless - $33
MEM - Crucial 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 1.5v - $23
HD - Samsung F3 500GB - $85 + $7 shipping
OPTICAL - LG 12x BD-RW - $80
CASE & PSU - Thermaltake Element Q mITX w/ 200w - $65 + $10 shipping

$502

CPU Cooler
Scythe SCKZT-1000 Ultra Low Profile - $40

Replacement SFE Power Supplies
Seasonic SS-300SFE - $47 + $6 shipping
SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W - $47 + $6 shipping

GPU - Lots of options here... The only real requirement is low profile and HDCP HD Audio.
CASE - Open for other suggestions. My main problem here is with heat dissipation with no options for case fans. Minimal, but still a concern.
CPU Cooler - I don't have any experience with a stock Intel CPU cooler so looking for opinions on using or replacing it. Noise is a factor.
PSU - Probably going to stick with the included 200w for the time being for cost reasons, but debating.

General thoughts? Different parts selection? Lowering the costs would be nice, but I am tempering my expectations there. Lay it on me...

Solution
That looks OK but I would go with an AMD FM1 CPU to be honest. The CPU and GPU are built into one chip and the graphics should be better than the HD 6450. You do take a small hit in CPU power but I don't think you would notice it. It's also a lot cheaper and would consume less power.

This would be my choice personally:

AMD A6-3500
G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB)
ASRock A75M-ITX FM1
Thermaltake Element Q
LG BD-RW
Scythe SCSK-1100 (Bit bigger but should still fit fine)
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM

Total - $458.93

I would add an SSD too, they are pretty ideal for this kind of build. Just something cheap with enough room for the OS and basic programs would still make a huge difference to things like boot times. It would also make the...
That looks OK but I would go with an AMD FM1 CPU to be honest. The CPU and GPU are built into one chip and the graphics should be better than the HD 6450. You do take a small hit in CPU power but I don't think you would notice it. It's also a lot cheaper and would consume less power.

This would be my choice personally:

AMD A6-3500
G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB)
ASRock A75M-ITX FM1
Thermaltake Element Q
LG BD-RW
Scythe SCSK-1100 (Bit bigger but should still fit fine)
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM

Total - $458.93

I would add an SSD too, they are pretty ideal for this kind of build. Just something cheap with enough room for the OS and basic programs would still make a huge difference to things like boot times. It would also make the system quieter because the HDD would have to spin less.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233266
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226151
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148441

Solution