Need Help on notebook

I have a toshiba tecra a7 it has a intel T2600 2,1 GH, 1GB mb ram,Ati mobility radeon x1600. All i want from the ones who knows the notebook if i can upgrade,buy,replace my videocard....if somebody knows any model that is compatible with my notebook,i please beg him to share it with me.Thants a lot. :p
6 answers Last reply
More about need notebook
  1. Not possible sorry.
  2. you could probably use an extra gig of RAM though. Should be pretty cheap and easy to install...
  3. americanbrian said:
    Not possible sorry.

why ? theres no video card compatible?
  4. americanbrian said:
    you could probably use an extra gig of RAM though. Should be pretty cheap and easy to install...

i know but i want to instal windows 7 and the problem i think is in the video card because is to weak.....i have in mind to buy some ram memory but first is the videocard
  5. It may be possible, but probably not. I would only attempt this if I was about to get a new laptop and upgrading this one would be a bonus or a reason to go ahead and buy a new one.

First are you able to remove the card see if you can. Taking a laptop apart is tedious and a pain lots of small screws and plastic parts that break easily.

Does the card look like this?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-NX9420-NW9440-256-MB-ATI-Radeon-X1600-Video-card-409979-001-/370556165486?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item5646de5d6e

If you take it apart and the video card looks like the one I linked too then you might be able to upgrade it. but even if your does come out and a different one will fit in it still amy not work.
  6. yup it looks the same ...and i think i`ll get my notebook to a service to se is they have some cads and if they fit.....but i was thinking if someone tried the same thing again so i coud have an ideea of how much it will cost me..its to expensive for me a new one....and i have upgraded him 1 year ago with the 1 gb ram memory an processor....
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Notebooks Mobility Radeon Graphics