Sign in with
Your question

Computer crashing! Please help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 20, 2012 12:23:07 PM

So, I've been getting some Blue Screens (as windows keeps calling them), after playing or viewing content on my pc!
I've read somewhere, that I should update all the drivers in Windows Update! But that did not work!
After it "searches" for a solution, nothing happens!
Please help!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1049

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8000369507E
BCP3: FFFFF8800EC78EB0
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012012-17097-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kiril\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-86596-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

More about : computer crashing

January 20, 2012 12:44:53 PM

We could use some more information about your setup and what particular applications cause it to BSOD. Anyways a good place to start is updating all drivers (from the manufacturers website) and windows. Then possibly running memtest application, as normally blue screens are OS related drivers etc or ram for the most part.

Again, we need more specific info about you computer and the applications causing it to bluescreen.
January 20, 2012 12:51:22 PM

It could be an outdated/corrupt video driver, or a video hardware failure. What kind of video card do you have in your computer, or is it an onboard card? If you don't know, right click on My Computer, go to Manage, then Device Manager in the management console, and expand Display Adapters and type to us what shows up in there.

It would also help if you could double click on the related Display Adapter and type to us the Driver Version/Date/Provider from the driver tab of that device.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2012 1:06:41 PM

i belive that error is a driver error or memory error.
please describe your build in detail so we can help you better, or if you bought oem what make and model.
did you add new hardware recently?

To update drivers
you can start by right click on my computer > select manage > right click on each item and select update driver> select update automaitcally.
January 20, 2012 2:04:00 PM

digitalzom-b said:
It could be an outdated/corrupt video driver, or a video hardware failure. What kind of video card do you have in your computer, or is it an onboard card? If you don't know, right click on My Computer, go to Manage, then Device Manager in the management console, and expand Display Adapters and type to us what shows up in there.

It would also help if you could double click on the related Display Adapter and type to us the Driver Version/Date/Provider from the driver tab of that device.

I can not do that, because now, the monitor (Samsung sync mastersa300) will not show anything!
I tried cleaning BIOS, but that did not help! Please help!
January 20, 2012 3:05:20 PM

If it won't show anything, even right when you turn it on, I can only assume it to be a hardware failure. Most likely video card (unless onboard, then motherboard). We need to know if you have a dedicated or onboard video card. You can find this out by seeing if your monitor cable is plugged into the same area as your USB and LAN connection, or if it seems to be below them, in a horizontal slot... I guess that's a crude way to describe it but I don't know your computer experience.

However, does it show the POST screen (showing your motherboard/black and white text) before it gets into Windows? Can you tell by sound if it's even getting into Windows?
January 20, 2012 3:29:00 PM

digitalzom-b said:
If it won't show anything, even right when you turn it on, I can only assume it to be a hardware failure. Most likely video card (unless onboard, then motherboard). We need to know if you have a dedicated or onboard video card. You can find this out by seeing if your monitor cable is plugged into the same area as your USB and LAN connection, or if it seems to be below them, in a horizontal slot... I guess that's a crude way to describe it but I don't know your computer experience.

However, does it show the POST screen (showing your motherboard/black and white text) before it gets into Windows? Can you tell by sound if it's even getting into Windows?

It's plugged into the motherboard, I kinda ordered a adapter to plug in into the video card, but no such luck!
Actually, haven't tried listening to the Window booting sound
January 20, 2012 3:53:09 PM

It's hard to say, sounds like motherboard failure since the onboard video is failing. However, it's possible that just the video has failed... you can try buying a cheap PCI video card and putting it into your PC and see if you can't get video that way for now...
January 20, 2012 4:06:27 PM

digitalzom-b said:
It's hard to say, sounds like motherboard failure since the onboard video is failing. However, it's possible that just the video has failed... you can try buying a cheap PCI video card and putting it into your PC and see if you can't get video that way for now...

Well, I have accounts set up on my windows, so I won't hear it!
And I have an old Nvidia FX5500, will that work?
January 20, 2012 4:15:13 PM

Update the Bios and make sure everything is updated driver wise... Also go into safemode and run a virus scan ... malwarebytes would be good. then let me know what kind of problem or if any you have left..
January 20, 2012 4:57:53 PM

gavenr said:
Update the Bios and make sure everything is updated driver wise... Also go into safemode and run a virus scan ... malwarebytes would be good. then let me know what kind of problem or if any you have left..

I can't even see anything on the monitor
January 20, 2012 5:21:18 PM

gavenr said:

This is not a virus related issue, the problem is that the user can no longer view his monitor. This points toward driver failure. Your video card may work if you have an AGP slot on your motherboard. How old is this computer?
January 21, 2012 5:47:05 AM

digitalzom-b said:
This is not a virus related issue, the problem is that the user can no longer view his monitor. This points toward driver failure. Your video card may work if you have an AGP slot on your motherboard. How old is this computer?

Which one?
The one that won't show the monitor is less than a month,
the other one is about 9 years old, it even has a floppy disc drive
!