Sign in with
Your question

Will amd athalon 4400 2 2ghz processor will work with gtx 560

Last response: in Systems
March 26, 2012 6:57:15 PM

I am thinking of upgrading my graphic card from 7800 GTX to GTX560nTi. My system is pretty old with AMD Athalon 4400+ 2.21GHz, 8GB DDR RAM, A8RMVP Motherboard and 1TB HDD. Any suggestion what else do I need to update to accommodate new Graphic Card.
Thanks
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
March 26, 2012 7:17:27 PM

The card should work in that mobo. HOWEVER, the rest of the system will bottleneck the crap out of it.

To properly run a 560TI, you're looking at a complete rebuild. New RAM, motherboard, cpu, and maybe a power supply.

Yes, it will work, but no, it probably will not see anywhere near its full potential with the antiquated system dragging it down.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
March 26, 2012 7:49:56 PM

Well first off make sure youve got a quality 400w power supply or more.And secondly your sistem will bottleneck the 560 Ti a lot(that means it will not be able to work on its full potential).You can prevent this partually by overclocking your CPU or buying a new mobo,cpu and ram.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
March 26, 2012 8:52:44 PM

You may end with a touch of buyer's remorse here, because as others have stated already your system is not a good match for a 560ti. You are not going to see a huge performance gain. You will see improvement, but nothing like the 560ti is really capable of. So keep that in mind while you are deciding a path to take. Overclocking your processor will help, but the 560ti is going to operate under a sizable handicap even still. I really suggest you start by putting money towards a newer platform (Motherboard/CPU/RAM). But I am not sure your future plans or budget.
m
l
Related resources
!