Will amd athalon 4400 2 2ghz processor will work with gtx 560

gkular

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I am thinking of upgrading my graphic card from 7800 GTX to GTX560nTi. My system is pretty old with AMD Athalon 4400+ 2.21GHz, 8GB DDR RAM, A8RMVP Motherboard and 1TB HDD. Any suggestion what else do I need to update to accommodate new Graphic Card.
Thanks

The card should work in that mobo. HOWEVER, the rest of the system will bottleneck the crap out of it.

To properly run a 560TI, you're looking at a complete rebuild. New RAM, motherboard, cpu, and maybe a power supply.

Yes, it will work, but no, it probably will not see anywhere near its full potential with the antiquated system dragging it down.

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
Well first off make sure youve got a quality 400w power supply or more.And secondly your sistem will bottleneck the 560 Ti a lot(that means it will not be able to work on its full potential).You can prevent this partually by overclocking your CPU or buying a new mobo,cpu and ram.

You may end with a touch of buyer's remorse here, because as others have stated already your system is not a good match for a 560ti. You are not going to see a huge performance gain. You will see improvement, but nothing like the 560ti is really capable of. So keep that in mind while you are deciding a path to take. Overclocking your processor will help, but the 560ti is going to operate under a sizable handicap even still. I really suggest you start by putting money towards a newer platform (Motherboard/CPU/RAM). But I am not sure your future plans or budget.