Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Asus
  • Laptops
  • Intel i5
Last response: in CPUs
July 10, 2012 1:18:41 AM

Hello,

Curious of upgrading an Asus Laptop (Model K72J) When will upgrading its Intel i5 CPU (w/ M 450 socket) be practical cost-wise ?

Thank you,

John L

Gr Rapids, Mich

More about : asus cpu upgrade

a b à CPUs
July 10, 2012 1:34:07 AM

you question doesn't make much sense. there is no intel M450 socket, but there is a i5 540M CPU, and your model does come with that CPU and that is the best CPU your laptop is compatible with. you can't upgrade to an i7 so the only way to upgrade your CPU would be to buy a new laptop. sorry. that's what sucks about laptops, they aren't very upgradable at all.
m
l
a c 487 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 467 D Laptop
July 10, 2012 2:08:11 AM

CPU prices are generally stable unless AMD / Intel decides to slash prices to move slow selling CPUs; as was the case with AMD's FX CPUs.

CPUs that are no longer in production generally goes up in prices because inventories of those CPUs will dwindle. It's possible to wait for a sale, but mobile CPUs rarely goes on sale.

Socket BGA 1288 / PGA 988 CPUs are no longer manufactured. The CPU prices next year will either be the same as current prices or may increase.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 10, 2012 3:29:37 AM

I have a similar Asus laptop and I can tell you now you are pretty much stuck. Your I5 you have now is about as good as you are going to get. Your (our) Asus laptop motherboards can't accept the I7 so as someone else said the only way to get something better is to get a new laptop.
m
l
July 17, 2012 1:09:51 AM

Thank you, one and & all - most appreciated!
m
l
!