Sign in with
Your question

I wonder if i can get FXAA With AMD Radeon?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 20, 2012 2:08:42 PM

I have ATI Tray Tools running without AMD Vision Engine CC. I know that AMD doesn't do FXAA Post Processing, but i wonder if there is a way to get FXAA, so that i can put it into games? Can anyone help me with this. I know AMD has MLAA, but i want to see if i can do anything about getting FXAA to override game settings.

More about : fxaa amd radeon

a b À AMD
January 20, 2012 2:15:58 PM

Any reason why? I'm not up to speed on all the different AAs out there, but if MLAA is AMDs version of FXAA, why try to get FXAA working on a card that doesn't support it?
January 20, 2012 2:17:19 PM

Try searching for Hacked drivers. Amd cards can do FXAA because BF3 has that option and AMD cards do it really well..I have a 6970 and have FXAA on max for BF3 (its known as deferred aliasing in the game menu I believe)

The hacked drivers might have that option in the overrides.
Related resources
January 20, 2012 2:22:47 PM

FXAA doesn't smooth out the text like MLAA does. I believe there is a difference, i used FXAA in Skyrim and i really liked it, i couldn't see any visible blurring, i really couldn't tell the difference between the screenshots, and object edges were really smoothed out. Where can i download/find these hacked drivers? Omega drivers?

System:

Windows Vista 64bit
AMD Phenom II x3 720
ASUS EAH6850
Corsair XMS2 PC6400 4GB 5-5-5-15(18)-20(22)
January 20, 2012 5:06:33 PM

Nashsafc said:
FXAA doesn't smooth out the text like MLAA does. I believe there is a difference, i used FXAA in Skyrim and i really liked it, i couldn't see any visible blurring, i really couldn't tell the difference between the screenshots, and object edges were really smoothed out. Where can i download/find these hacked drivers? Omega drivers?

System:

Windows Vista 64bit
AMD Phenom II x3 720
ASUS EAH6850
Corsair XMS2 PC6400 4GB 5-5-5-15(18)-20(22)

NO clue where to get the drivers but I'm sure they are out there..people often talk about hacked drivers for physx on AMD cards...so someone should have made them for this too since AMD can definitely support it
!