Jade Empire gets a 9.9 from IGN

http://xbox.ign.com/?fromint=1
7 answers Last reply
More about jade empire

    In article <bjee51lq7dsiah04pp80sm38ikthl2rl7d@4ax.com>, scape@noway.com
    says...
    > http://xbox.ign.com/?fromint=1

    Voodoo Extreme (Ve3d now) is even saying it's as close to a 10 as you
    can get with a game:

    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/603/603034p1.html

    --
    Rob Berryhill

    Rob Berryhill said

    > In article <bjee51lq7dsiah04pp80sm38ikthl2rl7d@4ax.com>, scape@noway.com
    > says...
    >> http://xbox.ign.com/?fromint=1
    >>

    > Voodoo Extreme (Ve3d now) is even saying it's as close to a 10 as you
    > can get with a game:
    >
    > http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/603/603034p1.html

    That's a quote from IGN on that page.

    --
    The Kitchen Sink
    http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/m/gmagnus/

    Considering how common this complaint is nowadays I wonder if it's time
    we re-adjust our opinions of how many hours of play an RPG is supposed
    to have.

    When was the last time an RPG had more than 20 or so hours of play?
    KOTOR 2 and.... ? I'd think we'd have to go all the way back to
    Morrowind for the next one.

    - Jordan

    "SupaScape!" <scape@noway.com> wrote in message
    > http://xbox.ign.com/?fromint=1

    Sounds great. However only 22 hours of gameplay?
    That's sounds really short to me for an RPG.

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Considering how common this complaint is nowadays I wonder if it's time
    > we re-adjust our opinions of how many hours of play an RPG is supposed
    > to have.
    >
    > When was the last time an RPG had more than 20 or so hours of play?
    > KOTOR 2 and.... ? I'd think we'd have to go all the way back to
    > Morrowind for the next one.
    >
    > - Jordan

    I personally don't think that is a short game. With Morrowind's open-ended
    play style, it would make sense that it would take that long but these are
    not open-ended rpg's we are talking about.

    "John M Clancy" <notanemail@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "SupaScape!" <scape@noway.com> wrote in message
    >> http://xbox.ign.com/?fromint=1
    >
    > Sounds great. However only 22 hours of gameplay?
    > That's sounds really short to me for an RPG.

    this is an "action rpg". no more micromanaging your inventory, a time
    consuming process. the 22 hours was supposedly a single play through
    without much exploration, which doesn't even touch on the branching paths
    that are missed due to gameplay choices. I'm totally stoked about this
    game. except for the fact that it doesn't do widescreen:(

    I thought the demo was terrible maybe just not my type of game. Looked
    pretty but that was it, I do not see how it could get a 9.9.
    Brad
    "Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "John M Clancy" <notanemail@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "SupaScape!" <scape@noway.com> wrote in message
    > >> http://xbox.ign.com/?fromint=1
    > >
    > > Sounds great. However only 22 hours of gameplay?
    > > That's sounds really short to me for an RPG.
    > >
    > this is an "action rpg". no more micromanaging your inventory, a time
    > consuming process. the 22 hours was supposedly a single play through
    > without much exploration, which doesn't even touch on the branching paths
    > that are missed due to gameplay choices. I'm totally stoked about this
    > game. except for the fact that it doesn't do widescreen:(

Console Gaming Video Games Xbox Video Games