No 6+2-Pin connector on my PSU?

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
I have everything connected in my PC except now all that is needed is the eATX12V plug to connect. I only have 4 6+2-pin connectors, two are used for my GTX 570 and the other two aren't even the right shape for the plug.

My PSU is a Cooler Master GX 750W. I can't find the right 6+2, is this a mistake on the manufacturer's side?

MouseTrap

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
On your unit there are 2X 4pins that need to be put together to make the 8-pin plug you need.

17161794.jpg

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012

Yup. Power apparently goes through my mobo, but the PC can't boot. (Dunno if LEDs are supposed to light on the top part of mobo as well, like the bottom part does where the Start and Reset buttons are on ASUS Maximus V Gene).

Nevermind that, there's no LEDs except for there. Could the problem be somewhere else?

MouseTrap

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Have you tried with only one stick of ram?
Did you get the plug to work correctly?
Also go over all your connections and try booting with one stick of ram, you can also try without your Hard drvie or SSD Sata hooked up and see if it allows you to get in the bio's.
Not booting??? Do you mean no video can not get to bio's or will not boot to OS?

What power button are you using? (Case Or M/B)

Lets break this down a bit.

Have you tried booting with the onboard(HDMI or Display Port) video just to see if you can get the board to post?

See if you can at least get that far.

When in doubt, pull all but one stick of ram and just use the onboard power button(start).

Make sure your 8 pin power is the 4+4 and not the 6+2 type.

MouseTrap

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Yes, Did you get the 4+4 pin to plug in correctly?
Are you using or have you tried the power button on the Motherboard?

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012

I double checked the 4+4.

And I have tried the Start button on the mobo multiple times. I am looking through iNuke's troubleshooting boot post.

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012

I'll bring to my local PC store tomorrow see if they can find what's wrong.

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012

No, I bought the parts from newegg. I will have to RMA the motherboard.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If you are in a hurry (and have the $), order a new board, and then ask for a refund rather than a replacement on the defective one. I do that for my builds when I get a bad board from Newegg. Otherwise it will take about 2-3 weeks turn around time depending on how you ship.

It's depressing to get your build together only to find the board is bad. But it happens.
Considering the delicate nature of a motherboard, the number of times they have to be handled, and the fact that they have to survive a journey from factory to shipping port, travel across the ocean to be unloaded at another port, survive temperature extremes, then be trucked across country to the retailer, and finally trucked across country again to your destination... it's easy to see how a bad one turns up now and then.