taishar77

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I haven't overclocked my i5 yet because I want to be sure that it is running at a good temp sequence prior to any changes. I apologize I know this question gets asked a lot but can some of you view my prime95 numbers and offer feedback. I am running an CM 212 EVO setup currently. Thanks.
temps.png

Solution
Avg. Distance to Tjmax isn't the easiest thing to read, but that looks pretty good.

What you should really do now is run Prime 95 Small FFT's and watch the temps with RealTemp or Core Temp to see what that gives you.

taishar77

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

I did go ahead and do this after a long bout with Windows 7 update (meh worst thing about a building a new PC is reinstalling Windows). The highest that any core got to under Small FFT's was 63C. Temps have always been a sticky situation for me for whatever reason. I take it 63C is a fairly decent score for that test? Just trying to set some metrics before I mess with voltages for obvious reasons. How long should small FFT's run?

taishar77

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

I'll go ahead and do that now that I have it up to 4.4ghz or so. Thanks for your advice, it's been a few years since I last attempted this and my last system was just too unstable to handle much ocing. I can't remember if that would actually update when you oc the chip or not, sorry edited because I remembered it was CPU Z :)