Allocating more memory to a partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarxe

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
For some dumb reason when I was installing Win7 on this new hard disk I allocated only 40gb to my C: partition, and the rest of the disk for another. At the time, I was thinking that 40gb should be well enough for Windows and any programs I install.

However, I play a lot of games, and it seems that every game developer thinks it's a brilliant idea to stuff game files/configurations/saves into My Documents, and so my C: drive is constantly near-full.

I was wondering if there was a way to allocate more memory to the partition without doing a reformat? I did not set it as dynamic when I created it.

Or maybe there's some kind of other work-around?

Thanks for any advice.

Solution
resize-partition.gif

Free EaseUS Partition Master 9.1 Home Edition web page

guitarxe

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
No, just normal disk management tool doesn't let me change static partitions without formatting, first.

And yes I do install games on my other partition, but it's just that these days most games automatically store a lot of data in My Documents instead of the folder they are installed into, for some absurd reason.

I'll take a look at that, thanks :)
Have you used it yourself before? Is there a risk for data to be corrupted or lost during the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.