Sign in with
Your question

Will My GTX 570 run BF3 good with 3d vision?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 20, 2012 4:31:55 PM

Im going to be buying the BenQ XL2420TX soon and I was wondering if a gtx 570 is good enough to run BF3 and other games like MW3 and Batman Arkham City in 3d? With all the settings on those games on high but not maxed out.
a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2012 6:50:46 PM

I assume you mean Well... LOL anyway yes you will be fine unless you are looking at 1080P or higher and highest settings then it will struggle... If you can turn just a few settings down you will be dandy.

Thent
Related resources
January 23, 2012 12:49:38 PM

My GTX560Ti runs BF3 just fine in 3D Vision. That being said, 3D Vision = fine for single player. I'd still play Multiplayer without 3D Vision (because every FPS count in MP).

Also, BF3's got a little shadow glitch right now with 3D Vision where shadows aren't showing properly (and you can't turn them off) so you'll have to wait till the next patch and hopefully it'll be fixed by then.

Happy gaming.
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2012 2:39:12 PM

You may want to check benchmarks because generally speaking 3d puts a ton of load on the GPU so your FPS will be much lower. A single GTX 570 may not be enough unless you are content with lowering textures and other detail....the MSAA in bf3 will definitely need to be off.
a c 125 U Graphics card
January 23, 2012 3:05:32 PM

3D doesn't drop FPS that much, actually. It's nothing like increasing the resolution...

Anyway it should be ok.

Also I'm not sure about that monitor, but some of them can do their own 3D conversion which totally takes the load off the GPU, although it probably won't look as good and will also create a little more input lag.
!