Graphics card, The Sims 2, 300w psu.

Hello, I just gave my little sister the sims 2 but she needs a new graphics card. Just wondering what would be suitable? There is a slot called 'pcie16x1' and the PSU is 300w. Just a graphics card that will play TS2, haven't got too much to spend. Thank you.
8 answers Last reply
More about graphics card sims 300w
  1. What do you mean by PCI-E 16x1?

It means that it's x16 that is one?
    Or PCI-E x1?

Please confirm. If you got stuck x1 is like 2cm and x16 is like 8cm... This is estimate.
  2. It says "PCIE16x1" Im guessing it means PCIE16x 1
    It looks more like 8cm.
  3. A HD6570 is a safe choice. What brand and model is the PSU?
  4. it says:
    Bestec
    Model: 100-127-12z

not sure if that's what you're looking for :S
  5. Ok, you are safe with 6570. Very good for it's cheap price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102934

Or pay more for a 6670

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161397

As long as you have at least 19A in the +12V rail in my opinion will work nicely with both cards.
  6. Thank you, yeah it says 19a but i'm from the uk, found a link for the product on ebay and it says it works for pci-e 2.0, i'm not sure if that's any different from the pci-e slot that i have.
  7. OK, well It should work with a PCI-E 2.0, Basically PCI-E 2.0 slots are the same, and 2.1 cards like the one I linked should work nicely. If not, you need to go to update the motherboard drivers (BIOS drivers).
  8. Oooh, Bestec. Some of their units have real problems, including spiking mobos through the +5VSB every time they are turned on.
    I tried to search for that model, but didn't find it; the closest matches were either 250W or 300W, and neither had enough power for even a HD6670. I don't think you should get anything stronger than a HD6570 unless you are also willing to replace the PSU. A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands. I'm not sure how available those would be to you. FSP also has some decent models. Avoid Coolermaster and anything else with a little voltage switch on it. Even a 380W Antec Earthwatts or 400W Corsair Builder (both in the $35-$45 range here, depending on deals) would be excellent choices, able to power a considerably stronger card if desired.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sims Graphics Product