Power Supply reset on first power-up

hweemiin

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Hi, I've notice following issue on both Tagan PipeRock 700W and Enermax Platimax 1200W:

Whenever the PC is power-up for the first time after AC power (AC power to the PC power supply) is turn on, the PC will power up, then immediately power off, then power-up again and proceed to normal start-up process. After that, if I shutdown the PC, but as long as I don't turn off the AC power, subsequent power up can proceed right away, without the power-up->power-off->power-up sequence.

Is this a problem or just some new modern power supply feature?

PS: I did experience some blue-screen and PC hang in the power-up screen issue, but I'm not sure whether they are related to the power supply issue above......

Solution
new mb do that when they have a hard time setting the ram speed and timming. check your mb bios and see if there any updateds i know for some of the newer asus mb there are ones for cpu code and ram. use cpu-z and see what the mb set your ram speed and timming for. and use the spd tab for the ram info. most time it ram that not on the qal list or is older 1.65 ram on a new x68 or z77 chipset (1.5v.) and mother bord at post has to reset a few times to set the voltage right. some work around if it not fixed with bios update take the dram speed out of auto and set it yourself and the voltage. if the error stops..dont worry about it..or swap in some ram that on the qal list.
new mb do that when they have a hard time setting the ram speed and timming. check your mb bios and see if there any updateds i know for some of the newer asus mb there are ones for cpu code and ram. use cpu-z and see what the mb set your ram speed and timming for. and use the spd tab for the ram info. most time it ram that not on the qal list or is older 1.65 ram on a new x68 or z77 chipset (1.5v.) and mother bord at post has to reset a few times to set the voltage right. some work around if it not fixed with bios update take the dram speed out of auto and set it yourself and the voltage. if the error stops..dont worry about it..or swap in some ram that on the qal list.

Solution

hweemiin

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, I'll give it a try.