Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Aggrivating Driver update.

Last response: in Systems
March 26, 2012 10:47:45 PM

ATI I/O Communications Processor SMBus Controller.... Ive been trying to update this damn thing for quite a while no with no luck I just keep getting links to auto driver updaters. I love the money I saved on the homebuilt, but all of this headache is really annoying. Here are my specs maybe that will shed some light on something. Ive been trying to play deus ex and shogun 2 total war and ive been trying to update everything possible. I read the bluescreen info on why my computer crashes from deus ex and it says it isn't communicating properly with the other cores which causes the crash. I update my processor but not the comm as i listed im thinking i finally found the real issue and im pretty excited I just need the help of you amazing Tech junkies out there. If you find it post the download link for me. Thank you so much.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Processor Six Core (the display is 1 core)
Cores 1
Threads 1
Name AMD Processor
Specification AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
Family F
Extended Family 15
Model 1
Extended Model 1
Stepping 2
Instructions MMX (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, AMD 64
Virtualization Supported, Enabled
Hyperthreading Not supported
Fan Speed 1654 RPM
Caches
L1 Data Cache Size 16 KBytes
L1 Instructions Cache Size 64 KBytes
L2 Unified Cache Size 2048 KBytes
L3 Unified Cache Size 8192 KBytes

RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-990FXA-UD3 (Socket M2) 85 °F
Graphics
SAMSUNG DLP (1280x720@60Hz)
AL2223W (1680x1050@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (Gigabyte) 106 °F
Hard Drives
733GB Western Digital WDC WD7500AARX-00N0YB0 ATA Device (SATA) 83 °F
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVDWBD SH-B123L ATA Device
MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
March 26, 2012 11:08:49 PM

Try reinstalling your chipset drivers. From the name of the driver it's looking for it seems like the drivers would be included in your chipset drivers. I'll see if I can find anything else on it later tonight when I get a chance.
m
l
March 26, 2012 11:34:24 PM

Ive had the same exact problem with the same exact thing. I think arson has the right idea it was awhile ago and I don't remember what i did to get it working but id bet it was the chipset drivers. Make sure to get them from the manufacturers site, don't use the disk.
m
l
Related resources
March 29, 2012 8:03:54 PM

arson94 said:
Try reinstalling your chipset drivers. From the name of the driver it's looking for it seems like the drivers would be included in your chipset drivers. I'll see if I can find anything else on it later tonight when I get a chance.

Well here is another issue... I go to the gigabyte website to download bio for the motherboard and it says its not compatible with windows 7 64 bit... im not sure if thats what you meant the bios but im not sure what a chip set driver is im kinda new to computers.... but thank you if you guys could provide a link off of what i gave you i would much appreciate.
m
l

Best solution

March 29, 2012 9:33:57 PM

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

That is the link to Gigabyte's download page for your motherboard. At the top you'll see two dropdown menus labeled "Download type" and "Choose your OS." Download type is where you'll choose Driver, BIOS, Manual or Utility. Choose your OS is of course where you'll choose Windows 7 64bit and it'll filter out everything except Windows 7 64bit compatible versions of everthing under each Download type.

The Windows utility to update bios is called @BIOS. You install it and then download the latest BIOS for your motherboard. The latest full release BIOS for your board is F5. But there is an F6K bios that is beta that you could try. Personally, being that you are not very experienced in all of this, I would update to only F5 BIOS if you don't have it already.

Then, go to Download type of driver and choose Windows 7 64bit as your OS type the second option down is Chipset. Download that package and it should just be an .exe file that you run and install everything. My bet is that the driver you can't find for that ATI I/O Communications Processor SMBus Controller will be installed when you install the chipset driver package.

Let me know if everything I just said was enough to get you going.
March 31, 2012 5:28:50 PM

arson94 said:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

That is the link to Gigabyte's download page for your motherboard. At the top you'll see two dropdown menus labeled "Download type" and "Choose your OS." Download type is where you'll choose Driver, BIOS, Manual or Utility. Choose your OS is of course where you'll choose Windows 7 64bit and it'll filter out everything except Windows 7 64bit compatible versions of everthing under each Download type.

Your amazing thank you. Ill let you know if it fixed shogun.
m
l
March 31, 2012 5:34:25 PM

Best answer selected by kurai.
m
l
March 31, 2012 11:33:13 PM

kurai said:
Your amazing thank you. Ill let you know if it fixed shogun.

Lol thanks, you're welcome. Yea I'd be interested in knowing if it performs better.
m
l
!