Pick a new sound card for gaming and music

gabi014

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
I have a logitech Z5500 speakers and Creative X-fi surround 5.1 USB sound card.
i would buy a new sound card for gaming and music, the max' i will pay for a new one is $250.
creative x-fi titanium fatal1ty pro is good ? it is appropriate for my Requirements ?
Recommend me for good sound card.

Solution
Better components and more stable drivers. Creative has been overpriced for years, and ASUS, Auzentech, and HT Omega offer better soundcards then what Creative's been putting out.

The ASUS Xonar DX is more or less the card I recommend at this point, unless the user has a specific need for a higher quality card [high impedance headset, or higher quality speakers].
Better components and more stable drivers. Creative has been overpriced for years, and ASUS, Auzentech, and HT Omega offer better soundcards then what Creative's been putting out.

The ASUS Xonar DX is more or less the card I recommend at this point, unless the user has a specific need for a higher quality card [high impedance headset, or higher quality speakers].

Solution

gabi014

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012

i understand but creative has great technologies.. so whats the best sound card for gaming and music? max' price $250
what better dx1 or fatal1ty pro ?

boabs

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hi-Fi class audio quality with SNR up to 118dB
- Dolby HomeTheater Technologies & DTS Connect
- Unprecedented SSNR NR Up to 116db reaching the limit of PC audio sound quality clarity
- Full duplex High-definition audio processing at 192KHz/24Bit for all Input and outputs and Inputs

need craetive highest end to get that .