No drive to partition.

fluffman93312

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hello,
I'm installing a fresh install of Win 7, but when the screen comes up to partition the hard drive, no hard drives are visible. I have the option to browse for it, but I can't seem to find it. The hard drive is connected good. Help Please.

Solution
Yes it is. It's going to unzip to a single 500 MB file that you can burn to a CD.
If you're using Win7 it will happily burn it for you. If you need a .ISO Burning utility program IMGBurn is nice and easy to use.

An .ISO file (aka disk image) is an easy way to make exact duplicates, in this case that also includes the stuff to make the disk self booting.

fluffman93312

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
I'm installing a new OS because the screen went black and stated that no OS was found, so I thought that I would just easily install a fresh OS, but when I get to the point where I can split the drive up, there's nothing there? I have the option to "browse" for it, but I don't know where it's located. I'm not sure what's on the HDD at the moment. No formatting as of yet. I can't get that far.

fluffman93312

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
It went black on my daughter. I opened it up and the vents and the heat sync was very dirty. I cleaned it up. I do hear a strange "tune" like, but not the code beeping that I'm used to. Like the HDD drive is make a funny rhythmic like sound.

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
You download an .ISO file and burn it to a CD/DVD (or you can use a USB thumb drive).
It's not windows - more like an old DOS system.

dos-01-bootmenu.png

dos-09-harddisk_tools-1.png

Yes it is. It's going to unzip to a single 500 MB file that you can burn to a CD.
If you're using Win7 it will happily burn it for you. If you need a .ISO Burning utility program IMGBurn is nice and easy to use.

An .ISO file (aka disk image) is an easy way to make exact duplicates, in this case that also includes the stuff to make the disk self booting.

Solution