Corsair Air or Liquid Cooling ?

paki_cuseo

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
I've just read some website and noticed that Corsair A70 even outperforms Corsair H50.

I'm planning to get a Corsair H60/H80, should I get Corsair A70 instead for p/p ?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

get a real air cooler or a real water cooler. none of that fisher price bull *** which corsair calls the H series "water cooling".

D

Deleted member 217926

If you want the same or slightly better performance than a good air cooler you need the $100+ H100 with 2 extra fans in push/pull.

I would only recommend the H60/70/80 for HTPC or other small case applications where airflow and temps might be a concern. The H80 or H100 for overclocking.

I have read good things about the A70. What CPU?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

you recommend fisher price water cooling?

D

Deleted member 217926

Only where a good air cooler won't fit! :p

You can't argue with the H100 being pretty damn good though. It just costs so much it's hardly ever worth it especially considering you need to buy 2 additional fans. It can beat the best air coolers by 4-5 C.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

you could build a much better liquid cooling setup for the same cost though.

D

Deleted member 217926

You can get into entry level water for the same money yes. Not everyone has the skills or the time or the motivation to devote to doing a custom water setup though. I sure don't have the time or the motivation!