How can I check that I got what I bought?

Efro

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Is there a way to check if I got everything I purchased?

I purchased this :
HP Compaq DC7700 Desktop Computer - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premuim (Off-Lease)

Just wondering to see if I wasn't given what promise.
Thank you in advance.

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Go to control panel - system and security - system. Everything should be listed.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
You can view your CPU and RAM by right clicking "Computer" from the Start Menu, and clicking "Properties". In here you will also be able to view what operating system you have and if any service packs have been installed.

Windows 7 currently only has 1 service pack available.

Your 160GB HDD space can be found by clicking start, computer, and then it should show Hard Disk Drives. Right click on this (it will probably be called Local Disk C: ) and click "Properties". You will then be able to see the Free Space, Used Space and Total Capacity.

Hope that helps :)

Efro

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Hi,
I just checked the settings and it said the following

hard disk: 148 Gb
Processor:Intel(R)Pentium(R) D(R) 2.8Ghz 2.79Ghz

Windows 7 Home
service pack

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that Intel Pentium D is not the same thing as Intel Core 2 Duo

Pls tell me I am right so I can return this asap!

thank you again.

Efro

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012

After reading that article, I concluded that the Intel Core 2 Duo is better than the Pentium D. Despite I already knew that they both had 2 cores, now I know that Pentium D "consumes higher power and so it gives more heat and even its not good in terms of Over Clocking."

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Return it if possible. You should get what you paid for.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

Yes that is correct. Whatever you bought has been miss-advertised.