How can I check that I got what I bought?

Is there a way to check if I got everything I purchased?

I purchased this :
HP Compaq DC7700 Desktop Computer - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premuim (Off-Lease)

Just wondering to see if I wasn't given what promise.
Thank you in advance.
11 answers Last reply
More about check bought
  1. Efro said:
    Is there a way to check if I got everything I purchased?

I purchased this :
    HP Compaq DC7700 Desktop Computer - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premuim (Off-Lease)

Just wondering to see if I wasn't given what promise.
    Thank you in advance.

Go to control panel - system and security - system. Everything should be listed.
  2. made easy and great tool
    belarc advisor - click free download
    http://belarc.com/
  3. You can view your CPU and RAM by right clicking "Computer" from the Start Menu, and clicking "Properties". In here you will also be able to view what operating system you have and if any service packs have been installed.

Windows 7 currently only has 1 service pack available.

Your 160GB HDD space can be found by clicking start, computer, and then it should show Hard Disk Drives. Right click on this (it will probably be called Local Disk C: ) and click "Properties". You will then be able to see the Free Space, Used Space and Total Capacity.

Hope that helps :)
  4. Hi,
    I just checked the settings and it said the following

hard disk: 148 Gb
    Processor:Intel(R)Pentium(R) D(R) 2.8Ghz 2.79Ghz

Windows 7 Home
    service pack

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that Intel Pentium D is not the same thing as Intel Core 2 Duo

Pls tell me I am right so I can return this asap!

thank you again.
  5. Your correct... it should say Core 2 Duo. Take a look
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_D

The processor is a Pentium 4

Return it and get your MONEY BACK!
  6. and task manager's performance tab will confirm your number of cores,
    Cpu-z is a handy download as well, for lots of info about the set up, chip mobo, ram, and much more
    Moto
  7. AdrianPerry said:

After reading that article, I concluded that the Intel Core 2 Duo is better than the Pentium D. Despite I already knew that they both had 2 cores, now I know that Pentium D "consumes higher power and so it gives more heat and even its not good in terms of Over Clocking."
  8. Efro said:
    After reading that article, I concluded that the Intel Core 2 Duo is better than the Pentium D. Despite I already knew that they both had 2 cores, now I know that Pentium D "consumes higher power and so it gives more heat and even its not good in terms of Over Clocking."

Return it if possible. You should get what you paid for.
  9. Efro said:

Yes that is correct. Whatever you bought has been miss-advertised.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems