Change all users Windows Explorer Folder Views to Details

October 19, 2004 1:07:02 AM

Hi All,

We use Group Policies that removes Folder Options, so that means users will
not be able to change their Folder Views from the default of "Icons" to the
more useable view setting of "Details".

So what we want to do is change the default Folder Views to "Details" on all
folders for all users, can anyone provide any suggestions how we can
accomplish this task either by running a reg hack when a user next log on or
via a Group Policy (currently we are running Windows 2000, but will be
upgrading to Windows 2003 next week).

Thanks.
October 19, 2004 8:33:01 AM

"Longo" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We use Group Policies that removes Folder Options, so that means users will
> not be able to change their Folder Views from the default of "Icons" to the
> more useable view setting of "Details".
>
> So what we want to do is change the default Folder Views to "Details" on all
> folders for all users, can anyone provide any suggestions how we can
> accomplish this task either by running a reg hack when a user next log on or
> via a Group Policy (currently we are running Windows 2000, but will be
> upgrading to Windows 2003 next week).
>
> Thanks.

Why don't you post again maybe someone will answer _|_
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 8:19:02 PM

Sorry, I did not notice that the post went through successfully, as when I
tried, I got this message each time:

"An error occurred while sending your post"

So after reading that, one must assume that it was not successfully posted,
so I waited some time and tried again.

!