Sign in with
Your question

Which i7 do I need?

Last response: in CPUs
July 10, 2012 5:15:11 PM

Hello,

there are many different i7 processors out etc and for my new build I am getting the Coolermaster CM 690 II Nvidia edition case with the ASUS P8B75-V Intel B75 motherboard. I will also be getting the Coolermaster Hyper 212 + CPU fan but if a bit better one is needed then just say please. Anyway, with my new build coming up, I will be playing Flight Simulator X, as well as editing stuff and having programs such as Photoshop etc and for general browsing. I will have quite a lot of programs on it etc.

Link to motherboard: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/cases/cas...

Link to case: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboa...

But which is the latest i7? I plan to overclock understanding it will get a bit hotter. The Case has plenty of space for fans.

Thanks

More about : question

a c 283 à CPUs
July 10, 2012 5:33:40 PM

Well, as far as I know, you can't OC on that board anyway (need a Z77, Q75 or Q77 for that), so a 3770 (non-K) is the best choice there. If you get a board that you can OC with, then go with the 3770K.
July 10, 2012 5:37:05 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Well, as far as I know, you can't OC on that board anyway (need a Z77, Q75 or Q77 for that), so a 3770 (non-K) is the best choice there. If you get a board that you can OC with, then go with the 3770K.

Ahh right, I was not aware of that. I will find a good motherboard which you can overclock with, and get the 3770K. Thanks mate.
Related resources
a c 283 à CPUs
July 10, 2012 5:38:19 PM

You're welcome. :) 
July 10, 2012 5:55:55 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
That's a good card, for sure.

What does the 'Sample' bit mean? Is it just the name?
a c 283 à CPUs
July 10, 2012 6:01:40 PM

It's actually "Golden Sample", which is meant to represent that it was chosen as one of the best of the best out of the batch that it was manufactured in. I never have really put much stock into such claims though. It'll be as good as any other though.
!