Radeon 64MB or GF2 Pro

G

Should I buy the Leadtek Geforce2 GTS Pro 64MB DDR or should I go for an ATI Radeon 64MB DDR? These are both about the same price at newegg.com
I only have a PII-400, 192MB RAM which I plan on upgrading to a Palamino whenever they come out.
I still can't decide which one one I want. I have a 19" ViewSonic A90 which I usually run at 1024x768x32 @100Hz.
I had a Radeon 32MB DDR, but gave it to my girlfriend. The one I got her for Christmas was defective. Best Buy didn't have any more so I replaced it with a Prophet II MX. I noiticed a slight difference in 2D quality. While the Radeon was better, if any of the GF2 Pro cards I am looking at is equal to the Prophet II MX's 2D quality, then I'll be happy.

Behold the POWER of common sense!!!

Dex

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2001
Sorry, I just laughed and laughed when I read you got your girlfriend a video card for christmas, lol. Hope she is really into computers or thats kinda weird :p Anyhow, I don't know much about Radeon's but i'd go for the GeForce, my opinion based on nothing, hah. and ya, common sense is the ultimate power :)

G

Actually I built her a computer for Christmas, but since I am a procrastinator, I waited until Christmas Eve to finish building it. After almost going crazy trying to figure out why the screen went screwy when I was installing Windows 98SE, I switched video cards. I bought her a Radeon 32Mb DDR, same as the one I had in my system. Obviously I couldn't give a computer that didn't work. So being the loving boyfriend that I am, I gave her my Radeon. When I returned the faulty one to Best Buy, they were out of Radeons so I got the next best thing they had - a Prophet II MX.
A month after Christmas we built my Mom a computer, so rather then give her my POS ATI XPert 98 8MB PCI which was failing due to OCing, I gave her the Prophet II MX. Now that I got my tax return and have money to build a new system, I'm getting one of the previously listed cards. I might get a GF2 Ultra instead. I know someone who works at an electronis store that gets a discount.

Rest of my girlfriend's system specs:
TBird 800, 256MB Crucial 133/CAS2 RAM, Radeon 32MB DDR, SB Live MP3+ 5.1,
30GB IBM 75GXP ATA100 HD, Enermax 330W PSU w/dual cooling fans, Plextor 12/10/32A, Creative 12X DVD

Behold the POWER of common sense!!!