Tools/Equipment needed to build my first PC...

tzcokc123

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Just wondering what tools and equipment I will be needing to build my gaming pc. Pc will be build from ground up. Items I already have: Monitor & keyboard. Items I will be ordering: Thermal compound, OD, Case, HDD, GPU, PSU, Mouse, RAM, Mousepad, Mobo, CPU, OS, HSF and Headset. I live on a farm so I have access to tools such as phillips and flathead screwdrivers, etc. Just wondering what cables I may need that may not come included with items, other tools or whatever I may need so I don't start my build and run into a wall. I'm gonna watch the newegg youtube 3 part tutorial on building it prior to ordering but any additional help is much appreciated. Thx in advance and game on...

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

You pretty much got it covered on the tool front. Check the parts you are buying - some will come with cables. Take note of those that don't. Those will be the cables you need to buy. As an add-on you might want some wire ties and a pair of wire cutters for cable management.

all you need is a screwdriver and some time
all the cables will be supplied. in the case you will find a pair of cables that go to front panel connections (usb, headphone jack, microphone in) and modex cables to the case fans. the case fans are being plugged into the power supply. everything else needs power from the power supply (motherboard, hard drives, graphic card)