Gtx 580 to component tv

tsmith154

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
I am running a gtx 580 graphics card to my monitor for SolidWorks (CAD), gaming, and standard computer stuff. Love the card. Clocked to 920. Water cooled. Runs cold.

I have a 50" tv with component, s-video, and rca.

I would like to connect my computer to the tv using the component connection for watching tv shows. My sound is already connected and tested using the optical on my suround sound system.

The gtx 580 has a mini hdmi, and two dvi-i connectors.

I have been online for the last 3 hrs and I am getting more confused, not less. :pt1cable:

Any help with with card output to connect to this tv would make this old man smil

tsmith154

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

Well I went and pick up a cable that went from the dvi-i output from the gtx 580 graphics card and the tv displayed red lines. I looked up the tv online today and the manual says it is digital. (vs-a50 model) Mitsubishi. I looked over the drivers for the graphics card and they say this setup will work. The dvi-i can send out analog and digital output. Other dvi types do not. I have read alot with no solution that has worked. I have noticed that I am not the only one with these questions.

I am looking in on transcoders with no direct answer when questioned.

I use to run my gtx7800 graphics card to my component tv with no problem...

:cry:

I thought I would post my progress since I do see others are looking at this post.

Any response would be great.

tsmith154

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
There are so many posts out there on this topic.

I did find an answer. I bought a switch for 40$ after shipping cost that I pluged into my mini hdmi on the back of my gtx 580 graphics card. Pluged the three component cables into the switch and my tv. I did use the optical sound output from my mother board BUT the switch has the sound output as well (tested and works great). I found allot of switches out there but they are SO expensive. My cables cost the same as my switch. The graphics card reconized the switch and it was as simple as 123 to turn on the tv and watch HD from my computer. The res. can be adjusted extremely high or low what ever you want. All visual settings and more are available. I am SO surprised to see this quality from something that cost 35$ before shipping since I kept seeing all the others cost 100 plus.

I am not at all related to any store or sales but I thought I would share what I bought.

HDMI to 5 RCA component AV Converter
Sold by ETEKCITY CORPORATION (YZ Shop)

$34.38

I found it on amazon.com

I just looked on the unit and there is no identification. Sorry. :bounce: