tlippy

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2005
RoadRunner is Time Warner Cable.

My RoadRunner cable is running an average 1Mbps download and it's capabable of running up to 5Mbps. When RoadRunner was just running up to 3Mbps I ran 2+Mbps download, always.
After RoadRunner went up to 5Mbps and I had to change modem's with them I went down to the 1Mbps download.

The modem they gave me was a new Ambit and I switched from that to my own D-Link DM-202. The D-link ran better for a time but has now slowed to the Ambits speed. I'm running through a D-link router, DI-804HV, that I've been running before and after the speed boost by RoadRunner.

If I hook up either modem directly to the eithernet card my speed slows to a crawl, 200k to 300k. I know without the router it's suppose to run faster but it slows to a crawl.

RoadRunner can't figure it out yet and I haven't been with a 3rd teir tech yet. I've tried DSL and it will run 1Mbps to 2Mbps download with or without the router, a little faster without the router.

So, anybody have an answer about the slow RoadRunner? I would rather run cable which is RoadRunner vs the SBC DSL, The DSL can get to much interference vs cable and it puts static and air on my phone system.

riser

Illustrious
Normally, when you get DSL you'll have certain limits to your upload.

For example, I have 3.5Mbit download, but 768k upload.

What kind of service are you paying for in terms of download/upload rates?

It sounds like your problem could really be your network card is having problems. You might considering changing your NIC to be 100/full duplex - which you can do under the properties of the device in device manager.