Cannot select a backround image

My issue is this.
I'm using Win XP.
When I right click and goto Properties / Desktop / Browse , a window appears
with images I can select for my desktop ( i believe it defaults to my
documents = my pictures).

In any event, when i select a picture and choose open...nothing happens.

What gives?

Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot select backround image

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 03:46:23 -0400, Nevets68 wrote:

    > My issue is this.
    > I'm using Win XP.
    > When I right click and goto Properties / Desktop / Browse , a window appears
    > with images I can select for my desktop ( i believe it defaults to my
    > documents = my pictures).
    >
    > In any event, when i select a picture and choose open...nothing happens.
    >
    > What gives?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    What happens if you click Apply or OK after selecting a picture?

    Also, what kind of image file are you selecting?

    And is there an image file selected as a web item that may be overriding
    the wallpaper selection? Check for this item in Display propteries >
    Desktop> Customize Desktop> Web. Uncheck the boxes for any image files
    listed here.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    When I click Apply or Ok, nothing happens.
    I've disabled Active Desktop using the Microsoft Powertoy applet btw.

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:46:51 -0400, Nevets68 wrote:

    > When I click Apply or Ok, nothing happens.
    > I've disabled Active Desktop using the Microsoft Powertoy applet btw.

    If you've disabled Active Desktop, I believe, you're limited to *.BMP files
    for wallpaper. Utilizing *.jpg files as wallpaper was an addition
    introduced by Active Desktop.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Configuration Desktops Customization Windows XP