Cannot select a backround image

My issue is this.
I'm using Win XP.
When I right click and goto Properties / Desktop / Browse , a window appears
with images I can select for my desktop ( i believe it defaults to my
documents = my pictures).

In any event, when i select a picture and choose open...nothing happens.

What gives?

Thanks in advance.

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 03:46:23 -0400, Nevets68 wrote:

> My issue is this.
> I'm using Win XP.
> When I right click and goto Properties / Desktop / Browse , a window appears
> with images I can select for my desktop ( i believe it defaults to my
> documents = my pictures).
>
> In any event, when i select a picture and choose open...nothing happens.
>
> What gives?
>
> Thanks in advance.

What happens if you click Apply or OK after selecting a picture?

Also, what kind of image file are you selecting?

And is there an image file selected as a web item that may be overriding
the wallpaper selection? Check for this item in Display propteries >
Desktop> Customize Desktop> Web. Uncheck the boxes for any image files
listed here.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

When I click Apply or Ok, nothing happens.
I've disabled Active Desktop using the Microsoft Powertoy applet btw.

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:46:51 -0400, Nevets68 wrote:

> When I click Apply or Ok, nothing happens.
> I've disabled Active Desktop using the Microsoft Powertoy applet btw.

If you've disabled Active Desktop, I believe, you're limited to *.BMP files
for wallpaper. Utilizing *.jpg files as wallpaper was an addition
introduced by Active Desktop.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User