I just finished the HTPC build. But it has problem with mobo powering up. If the 4pin 12v connector is plug in, the mobo sometimes would boot up but most of the times it won't (e.g. 8 in 10 times try it would not boot up). But when it was able to boot up, I can install and run win7 on it without any problems. But when the system shuts down, and you try to power it up again, the system just won't boot up as it supposed. You have to pray that it will boot up.
Here is another test that i did. The following are the steps:
1. unplug the 12v 4pin connector. the 24 pin is still plugged in.
2. power up the system, the cpu fan and the case fan is running.
3. power down the system, plug in the 12v pin connector
4. power up the system, the cpu fan and the case fan is not running at all.
5. Now here is the fun part. if i keep hitting the power button, the system will "once in awhile" start.
So, is this mobo issue or power issue? or both?
here is my specs
1. Core i3 2100
2. Asrock z68-itx/ht
3. Antec ISK 300-65
4. DDR3 4GB
Just a shot in the dark here - but since your CPU (65 watts) is the same as your PSU (65 watts) could you be maxing out the PSU (fans, etc.)?