Sign in with
Your question

Which Case?

Last response: in Components
July 10, 2012 8:27:06 PM

Can anyone recommend a good case for me? This is my first time building a computer and I want the case to be easy to work with and have good airflow. Needs an optical drive slot (I'm a noob so excuse me if these always come with cases).

MOBO- Asus P8Z77-V

Processor - Intel i5 3750k

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8 GB PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache

Case - Up to you guys

Optical Drive - Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST

Monitor - Asus VE228H 21.5-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor with Integrated Speakers

Graphics Card - Nvidia Gtx 670

PSU - Kingwin AP-550 Absolute Platinum 550W Power Supply 80 Plus Platinum Certified

More about : case

a b ) Power supply
July 10, 2012 8:39:09 PM

loads of good cases

narrow it down a bit for us

full tower?

how much do you want to spend on the case?
July 10, 2012 8:42:50 PM

I guess Mid-tower since I'm not using liquid cooling, but I want to have a little extra room incase I want to upgrade. My price range is under 200.
Related resources
July 10, 2012 9:01:09 PM
July 10, 2012 9:02:47 PM

Actually now that I think about it I have barely any idea of what I want for a case. I'm building a gaming computer with air cooling only and just want to have a little bit of extra space for upgrades. Plus I would prefer if it had a hinged door on the side and isn't an eyesore (the visual appearance doesn't really matter as quality is more important but the nicer looking the better.)

Edit: Someone posted while I was writing
July 10, 2012 9:13:54 PM

SheepPunk said:
Actually now that I think about it I have barely any idea of what I want for a case. I'm building a gaming computer with air cooling only and just want to have a little bit of extra space for upgrades. Plus I would prefer if it had a hinged door on the side and isn't an eyesore (the visual appearance doesn't really matter as quality is more important but the nicer looking the better.)

If that is the case, I recommend your choice between these two (click the links to watch see their video reviews over at Hardware Canuck's YouTube Channel)

CHOICE 1:
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition White Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbA44i2K4sw&feature=plcp

CHOICE 2:
Cooler Master HAF XM Case Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SM4EVGaXek&feature=plcp

I have the Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition White - I LOVE IT.
!