Is NCIX any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrunnem

Distinguished
Is ncix as reputable as NEWEGG and as easy to work with. i am thinking about getting a SSD from then and want to purchase it from someone with good customer service.

what is your experience with them?

ringzero

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
NCIX is a fairly large online computer parts and software vendor based in Canada. They're pretty big in the Canada scene and the only reason we in the US (if that's where you are) haven't heard as much about them is because they only recently opened up a distribution center in the US.

I ordered an SSD from them around Black Friday last year. Apart from a miscommunication about the rebate form on the site, everything went smoothly, even the rebate.

Yes it is. I ordered 6 times now and no issue.

I have used this us.ncix.com

Also, what I read about them, was just great.

The website is not as informative and easy searchable, but still the prices are sometimes even better than newegg : ))

I recommend them!

moon261

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
One of the best!

My first experience ever buying from them earned themselves a loyal customer. I've been purchasing my parts from them ever since.

They might charge a bit higher on handling fee and shipping cost, but the quality of packaging they're offering you is simply unbeatable. It helps that they do offer price match as well.

NCIX Esther

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

Hi cbrunnem,

We offer a 15 day Satisfaction Guarantee on many items, however some opened items will be non-refundable. We do charge a 15% restocking fee but we understand everyone has a unique situation and we're willing to work on a case by case basis, whether you're looking for an exchange, credit, refund, RMA, etc.

For more information on our policies, you can check out our FAQs here: http://us.ncix.com/go/?customercare

HMMOD

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
No, I would not recommend us.ncix.com.

I used them once and unless they have a really great deal I am happy to spend more money elsewhere to avoid dealing with them and really just to make a point by voting with my wallet.

In more detail:
1) They denied a price match request for an item that was part of an order of two items, since I was using a coupon (first-time customer). I cancelled the order for the item, for which the price match request had been denied. Each item individually qualified for free shipping. I pointed out to them that denying the price match request did not make sense as I could have easily separated the order applying the coupon to the first order and requesting the price match in the second order without a cost increase to me, but a cost increase to NCIX (two shipments instead of one). Their e-mail reply was nothing but a generic reply that showed that they did not even bother trying to understand the point that I was making. There was no attempt whatsoever to address any of the points that I was trying make.

2) The aforementioned gift card code has not been e-mailed to me more than a month after the order was placed. I e-mailed them twice about it, but they give me the run-around saying this time of year is busy and there are delays in the system, yadda, yadda, yadda. Hard to believe that the 'system' had a hard time generating a gift card code (a string of characters) and sending it out via e-mail. We are not even talking about physically mailing an actual card.

No more. Thanks. Unless they have a great deal that nobody else comes close to, but even then I will think twice.

I stick with Amazon (grade A), Newegg (grade A), Performance-PCs (grade B), Frozen-CPUs (grade A), Koolance.com (grade A), HellfireToyz.com (grade A), Lutro0-customs (grade A), MDPC-X (grade A+++) and CaseKing (grade A).

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
i'll say YES to NCIX. being Canadian, our deals are sometimes not as nice as the US (esp on Newegg.ca versus Newegg.com) but from the places I've bought from, NCIX is on the "buy again" list:

NCIX
Newegg
TigerDirect
Canada Computers (in person only, but they've got 4 locations in town and 1 is near my workplace)

HMMOD

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Interesting: Thread dead for 18 months. One negative comment on NCIX and within 30 minutes an affirmative YES to NCIX Canada.

Well, there is a non-zero probability for this to happen.

NCIX Esther

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

We'll have a customer service representative call you shortly regarding your feedback, which is appreciated, thank you!

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

ESTHER!!!!!!!!!

Kurdain1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007

NO.

I purchased a Noctua cooler. Opened it and placed it in my case, it turns out my case with the side fan will not clear the cooler, it lacks about 1/4 inch. I DID NOT USE the cooler, I test fitted it only.

Packaging is perfect. I even wiped any fingerprints from the cooler, it is also pristine.
Original sealed bags were reused in perfect condition.

RMA REQUEST DENIED. I can only exchange for exact same item.
15 day return policy?
Lie!
Order placed on 12-4-13, it took nearly 2 weeks to even ship the item.
I finally got it 12-18-13, which I got the next day when I got home.

The 18th is CLEARLY within the 15 day window as the RMA was denied on the 26th (requested a couple days earlier). Unless you are counting the 14 days it took you to even ship the item, then golly that sure is convenient for you guys!

NEVER had this sort of response from Tigerdirect, Directron, Amazon, Newegg and any number of suppliers I have used in the past.

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED and will be contesting the charges through my credit card.
Off to every forum I can find with a stop on facebook and the BBB website.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
you know, it's one thing to have ONE issue with a place, but then to go trolling the internet just to slam them is a bit immature. did you also call your mommy to tell her that NCIX was being mean to you? did mommy kiss your booboo?

seriously, it sounds like either you are not disclosing everything, or you got a new person and they didn't fully know how to handle it. some items can understandably not be exchanged or returned, there's exceptions - especially when over the course of time people have abused the policy and the seller was continually stuck with open-box items that nobody wanted to buy even at a discount because they were already-opened (and not "pristine" as you were so proud of). heck, would you buy a used / open-box noctua cooler?

yesterday, I walked into the local NCIX to do a return. the first guy was 90% sure they couldn't do it but we both decided to wait for a higher-up to arrive to make a decision. no big deal. other guy shows up, looks at the situation, and says "yeah, it's fine, we can accept it, minus 15% restocking" - which was great cuz I returned a $130 item to buy a $210 item.

Kurdain1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
I am disclosing everything. Would you like the order number and UPS tracking number?
I would buy a pristine cooler, open box item. Anyone that knows me knows that if I say it's pristine, it is.

IF I could walk up to a counter and talk to someone, I would. All I got was an e-mail response about their 15 day return policy. I am well within the 15 days and I am either on hold forever and give up, and my e-mail response has not been replied to.

I'm sure if you were out $60 and were given a bogus response about a policy you adhered to, you'd want a resolution too.

Tulser

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
No they are a terrible and offer extremely slow service. Their price match is flawed and decline any orders that will save YOU money. Customer service is non existant, and when they finally answer they can't even answer a simple question.

Kurdain1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
FWIW they finally returned my e-mails and phone calls after the BBB contacted them. They said they had no record of me contacting them, so I forwarded them the automated e-mail you get when you fill out their form.

Anyways they did refund my money short return shipping, which wasn't what they promised in their e-mail to me, but if $10 is that important to them then it's a company I don't need to deal with again.

miancu3

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
NO.
Horrible company to deal with. Paid for expedited shipping, got the run-around on payment processing, had to call THEM to resolve..Thought they had the issue solved and my order was on the way...wrong.

They split the order into two, one of which is not due to arrive more than one week later (keep in mind i paid over $26 for expedited 1-3 day shipping).

By the time my first HALF of the order arrived (useless, since I needed all the components), orders I had placed on newegg and amazon two or three days AFTER the "expedited" NCIX Express orders have arrived..

If you are building a PC do not order from these guys, stay away. Their order processing is abysmal and their customer care couldn't care less.The prices might seem better but I would EASILY shell out $30 more on competitor's identical products if it means never dealing with NCIX again.

TunaFreeDolfin

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014

I'm "currently in process" as far as getting parts from NCIX and so far I have to agree with this sentiment. Their processing is super slow and they don't provide any real details on what is going on and need to be prodded to get things shipped. Seriously, how long does it take to charge my CC, locate my item, pack and ship it? Is there one blind guy wearing headphones blasting death metal so that he needs to feel/taste/smell his way around the warehouse to find the item that you've ordered? No offense intended, blind people.

Anyway, I placed 3 orders last Friday and was only given tracking numbers for 2 (1 yesterday, 1 today) after I asked for them twice. They tell me the third is "still in process" and should be shipped tomorrow (6 days after the initial order). I expect that I will need to prod them yet again to get the 3rd tracking number, assuming it's even available...

Don't buy from this company. Yes, the prices look good, but there are plenty of other small businesses with great (albeit slightly higher) prices that will ship you the parts you order in a timely manner. NCIX does not deserve your business!

Harrisonlamm

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I bought some parts from thems several days ago and all I got was a invoice with no way of tracking it, not even a tracking number to being with. I was wondering if there is a way for me to track the item at all

faintrespite

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
I would 100% recommend AGAINST NCIXUS.

I don't know about the Canadian branch, but the LA based NCIXUS branch has given me a 2+ week on-going nightmare. My PSU was DoA and my RMA has been completely fucked. I attempts to get a refund/replacement through a cross-shipment RMA have gotten absolutely nowhere.

First problem was that their customer service hours are all kinds of wacko; I once called at 12:30PM PST and was told that their service hours are 9AM-5PM PST. What? Calling back got me the same automated response. Then when I finally got on the phone the next day and got the RMA process started, the customer service rep failed to send me any kind of information after getting off the phone. I got a note saying my RMA has been started but was given no invoice or payment amount for my cross-shipment and no information on the transaction/RMA information. I had to call back again the next day and get another rep to send me the info.

Even after I sent the money they fucked up so badly. My payment for the cross-shipment was immediately refunded the day after my payment. I thought they were being nice and giving me my return early but it turns out they had just mixed up all my information (checking the UPS tracking label showed my return hadn't even arrived yet and the customer service rep had told me an RMA processing would take 5-7 days). What an epic fuck up. The RMA was processed as a refund even though I was labeled for a cross-shipment replacement, my payment has simply disappeared and become lost in their accounting books, and my cross-shipment was never sent out because I "didn't make a payment", and now my RMA has been "processed" without my replacement or my refund for the 2nd cross-shipment payment. This is despite the fact that I've called 5 times trying to clear this up and I have all my transaction and payment information clearly shown in all my accounts, emails, and replies.

What a complete fucking joke.

I ordered my parts on 7/23 and my computer was ready to go by that weekend. Instead I'm just sitting here without a PSU looking at a fancy metal brick.

When I ordered off Amazon, they messed up as well; I got H87 instead of a H97 MOBO for some weird reason. But I didn't even need to call them and just chatted with a customer service rep online. They didn't even ask me for documentation, didn't ask for extra information, and didn't give me hassle or make me wait. They took my word for it, sent out a replacement free of charge, and sent me a return label for me to drop off my incorrect parts. This process took a grand total of 10 minutes of customer service and overnight shipping. Yet 2 weeks of customer service with NCIXUS and has given me nothing to show for it.

farmfowls

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014
What about Newegg.ca (Specifically .ca) or NCIX for overall shipping, customer service etc? (I'm in Ontario, Canada) Its my first time ordering from any of them and I will be ordering all parts necessary for my build. Not like one or two parts. A whole setup, mobo, CPU, GPU, monitor, etc etc etc. Which do you recommend? I've heard a lot of negative reviews for newegg.ca (but good for newegg.com, but that's not an option), and mostly positive reviews for NCIX. I understand that a person is more likely to comment around negatively if they have a bad experience, whereas with a positive experience the person isn't as likely to seek out and praise a company. Just looking for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.